Kitten Front Door

taehtc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it normal for a 4 month old kitten to keep standing at the front door and meow? i dont know why he does it but he keeps running to the front door even if it was the smallest noise, meows and jumps around the door.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Well, it could be that he was born outdoors or Mama was an outdoor cat. Or it could be that he hates having a shut door. Or he just may be an adventurous type cat that smells or sees things beyond the door that interests him

Last edited:

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have never let him out, its not especially normal, no, but kittens are very curious, and some kittens can't help but see a door as something meant to go through. There is also the possibility that he smells something interesting through the door, but plain ole curiosity seems most likely.

Best learn the foot-stompy dance:

Stomp yo feet up then down, shuffle all round;
Crack the door, sneak yourself out;
Ignore the kitten while he pout;
Go out the door, work today;
Hope the kitten, he stay home and play.

I just made that up, but the foot stompy dance does work if you want to stop a cat from darting out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taehtc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the only time i took him out was for the vet, thank u for the reply :)

taehtc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  • Well, it could be that he was born outdoors or Mama was an outdoor cat. Or it could be that he hates having a shut door. Or he just may be an adventurous type cat that smells or sees things beyond the door that interests him
we got him from a farm because if we didnt they would’ve killed him and his two brothers but he was 8 weeks old then so i thought he would forget things like that?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don’t think cats or kittens forget the outdoors. My first cat was a barn kitten and she raised out of our apartment and later our house any chance she got.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just don't take the kitten outside to "get it out of their system" as that will have the opposite effect.

taehtc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just don't take the kitten outside to "get it out of their system" as that will have the opposite effect.
okay thanks

taehtc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, I don’t think cats or kittens forget the outdoors. My first cat was a barn kitten and she raised out of our apartment and later our house any chance she got.
but he doesnt really run out when we open the front door he just stays and looks around thats why i’m confused

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there anything at the door? Did you let him explore the outside? Does he meow only when you leave him unattended? Make sure to go out with him at all times in case of abuse to the kitten.

taehtc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there anything at the door? Did you let him explore the outside? Does he meow only when you leave him unattended? Make sure to go out with him at all times in case of abuse to the kitten.
no there isnt and i have never let him out on his own he only got outside when i took him to the vet