Kitten eye problems?

KissyKoopa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I have been in contact on Facebook with a lady who will have a litter of kittens ready to go (8 weeks) on Saturday. I have not seen the kitties in person yet. She sent me these pictures. They are between 4-6 weeks old in the pictures but something seems off with their eyes. Does this look like it could be feline herpesvirus or just normal kitten eyes? If it does turn out that they have something wrong with them would it be a bad idea to still take one and try to heal them when I have other kittens at home? I'm torn. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to tell from the pictures, but my guess is they have untreated eye infections. Caught early, and treated with antibiotic eye drops or ointment, it clears up quickly. I’d say you might want to go actually look at the kittens in person and take your own pictures, then speak with a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KissyKoopa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s difficult to tell from the pictures, but my guess is they have untreated eye infections. Caught early, and treated with antibiotic eye drops or ointment, it clears up quickly. I’d say you might want to go actually look at the kittens in person and take your own pictures, then speak with a vet.
thank you so much!