Kitten Eye Infection! Need help!

animalsforlyf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this cat somewhere near my place when i was on the way home. his eyes were a bit red when i took him in Feb 16, 2023. he looks like he’s around 2-3 months old. i wiped the infected eye with warm water at least twice a day to try and help. but now its 5 days later and its gotten worse. his left eye is swollen and there always creamy/white discharge. I havent been able to take him to the vet as i have been busy and when im not the vets here are closed. but i will try tomorrow since its my day off. I just want to know some tips to help this little baby and what kind of infection it is? I searched it up a bit a while ago and it said that terramycin can help so i ordered one incase i need it after the vet visit. hoping for some tips and help! I would also like to add that he still eats well and he knows how to drink water from my other cat’s water fountain. so i hope he doesnt have fading cat syndrome because he’s still a tiny baby and i didnt see his mom or if he had any siblings.

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is no possible way anyone can tell you what this is or how to treat it.
It's imperative you get the cat to a vet ASAP. It looks terrible and must be incredibly painful.
Edit: no way is Terramycin alone going to help that if at all. The eye looks like it may even need to be removed. I can't impress you enough how urgent this is that you see the vet like, yesterday.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is way beyond Terramycin which is used to treat intact eye conditions like conjunctivitis. You are very kind to have rescued this kitten, but he needs a vet as soon as you can get him there. I agree that this is painful and that the eye may need to be removed which is not as bad as it sounds and allows the cat to live a normal, comfortable indoor life.