Kitten Escape From Apartment And Is Lost For A Month

jkuok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone this is my first post here, long story short, I found a feral kitten (2 months old). Had her for 2 weeks of which 1 week is at the vet treating fpv and shes fully recover but very small (probably the runt?)

My guess is she escape through the window screen, was able to get a hole in the screen as she climb up. I've been looking for her every where inside and outside with no luck. Is there any chance she would survive on her own?

I left water bowl and use smelly tuna to entice her in the house, outside i end up meeting all the feral but just cant find her. No meowing or any noise what so ever.

She would have fallen 4 floors down and is the size of a 1 month old kitten. What I want to know is what can i do now?

Thank you

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she make a hole in the screen? I would leave a bowl of food and water both inside and outside in case she is hiding inside the house. Of course, I would pick up the food at night so you don't attract wildlife.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you have a flashlight, go out at night to look for her. You can spot the eyeshine more easily like that. And yes, there is a good chance that she could survive, even at her age. They are tender, but you had given her good vet care, so she is in better physical shape than she was when you found her. As small as she is, she probably hasn't gone far. Be sure to check with neighbors who might have taken her in, as well. Best luck finding your kitten!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look directly under the window outside, she might have stayed right there near the side of the house or in the bushes if you have any.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkuok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did she make a hole in the screen? I would leave a bowl of food and water both inside and outside in case she is hiding inside the house. Of course, I would pick up the food at night so you don't attract wildlife.
The screen was not secure at the top/bottom, i could see bite mark, and if she got to the top with her weight the screen could be pull down big enough to fit my fist through, which she could go outside.

I left water bowl and food inside only, outside i only call her name and squeeze the food bag, but only attract the other feral cats. There is about 8 cats outside currently, and i think another kind person is feeding them

jkuok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you have a flashlight, go out at night to look for her. You can spot the eyeshine more easily like that. And yes, there is a good chance that she could survive, even at her age. They are tender, but you had given her good vet care, so she is in better physical shape than she was when you found her. As small as she is, she probably hasn't gone far. Be sure to check with neighbors who might have taken her in, as well. Best luck finding your kitten!
Thank you, I have dont that and even carry a can of tuna with me, but only attract the other cats. I hope she is okay, the first floor is 2 empty house with window open and i was wondering if she jump inside, but couldnt hear any meow, and could not contact the owner to open up. Will try again to see if its listed but I am super super worry that i might see her dead

jkuok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Look directly under the window outside, she might have stayed right there near the side of the house or in the bushes if you have any.
I left enough food outside and it wasnt touch at all,

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We are here with you. Don't give up yet. And someone might have taken her in, as well. We shall hope that is true if you can't find her. But you may spot her at any time!

jkuok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you everyone for your help and kind words. I keep my finger cross and hope to see her one day

cheers

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer: Welcome to TCS! Yes, your kitten can survive at 8-10 weeks old, especially if the other ferals have food and water - she will follow their lead. I will add your kitten to my prayers :vibes::vibes::vibes:
Please keep on looking - a 4 story fall is very scary for such a tiny one and she most likely would be hiding. Speaking of hiding, if she is feral, she could hide for days inside. I would secure the screen, with nails or duct tape if necessary, just in case.
Please keep us updated on your efforts! And bless you for all that you have done for her. :angel: