Kitten diarrhea and general weakness

hyuuga hinata

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
few days ago i came across a kitten who looked a little weak with injuries , she seemed happy with her friends so i didnt want to take her , yesterday i met the same kitten and she was much worse than she was last time , looks like fighting over food with older cats caused her too many injuries so i took her to treat her injuries and turned out she has more than simple injuries , she has 

#1 Diarrhea .. she used the litter box 6 hours like 4 times and her poop is so watery 

#2 troubles in walking .. sometimes when she walks she looks like really tiered and shaky 

#3 sleeping too much... she doesnt play , just eat and sleep , that maybe cause she is locked in a crate atm with no playmates 

#4 doesnt groom herself enough , poop stains is all other her coat and i suffer everytime to clean it 

#5 she lad loss of appetite yesterday but today she is so hungry 

so if anyone knows how srs is this ? 
and how can i treat her ,, because i dont go to a vet , i treat my cats alone for some personal reasons
and will she live ?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On one hand, I thank you for caring enough to rescue this cat from outside.
On the other hand, I'm really really concerned, worried that if the cat doesn't receive vet care, she will die and not pleasantly.
The fact that she is having trouble walking and not grooming herself, among the other symptoms, leads me to believe that she is very very ill and needs medical care. She may be pooping so much she can't maintain her weight, which is why she may have trouble walking. She may have a really really bad worm infestation, which may be why she is pooping so much.
If you have access to chicken and rice, I would boil chicken until it is done. Remove chicken from water. Boil rice in the water. Drain (remove bones!) and then feed to cat. This may settle her digestive system, but in no way will help with a worm problem or what ever problem she is having with her back legs.
I urge you to reconsider taking her to the vets; or at the very least, calling one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hyuuga hinata

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont usually take cats to vet because i have really unpleasant expiriences with them , they just make up medicines from their head that the cat doesnt need just to charge u as much money as possible , and it also coast too much for me to affoard 

however , i saw a vet , a friend of mine , and he said she must've eaten something wrong that lead to this acute diarrhea , he asked me to give her metronidazole 2 ml 2 times a day for 4 days 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for trying to help her, she is so thin! As long as you can get her to eat that is a positive sign. That diarrhea has to be cleared up, make sure she gets only water and no milk products because milk can definitely cause that. Have you tried to tempt her with tuna or jarred meat baby food? Most cats can't resist either. Hopefully she is just totally worn out from fighting for food all the time and will come around. I know sometimes bad experiences can change our feelings about medical care, but not ALL vets are like what you had. I finally found a very nice competent one after 4 others! You could just call one too and see if they could advise you over the phone. The internet might be able to help you too if you have access, or the library. If you could order some Lysine over the internet that would help build up her immune system, I give all my sickly cats that. Good luck, I'll say a prayer for that sweet baby! PS take comfort in knowing you are doing all you can, and obviously it is much more then anyone else was willing to do.

Last edited:

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you talked to your friend the vet; metronidazole is a common drug for diarrhea.