Kitten Delivery - Should I Be Worried?

Michaela97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Gipsy gave birth to her first kitten at 4:05 pm today. It's almost 9 pm and she hasn't had another. We know that there's at least 2 more to be born. She hasn't been having contractions but has been breathing heavily and having discharge on and off. Should I be worried?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will likely have the others soon, though it can be many hours in between and be normal. Sometimes cats can have kittens days apart.

As long as she is not actively pushing with no success, things are fine.

Do you have kitten formula on hand? If so, offer mom a dish. It's calming and she needs the calcium.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Michaela97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She will likely have the others soon, though it can be many hours in between and be normal. Sometimes cats can have kittens days apart.

As long as she is not actively pushing with no success, things are fine.

Do you have kitten formula on hand? If so, offer mom a dish. It's calming and she needs the calcium.
She hasn't had any contractions since delivering the first placenta. No kitten formula, but she refuses to eat or drink anything

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She hasn't had any contractions since delivering the first placenta. No kitten formula, but she refuses to eat or drink anything
Youcan entice some water sweettened with honey for quick energy. Calcium pperhaps via some yoghurt or a little cheese