kitten curled up in the road

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Darla S

She is eating and drinking. She is still very shy and timid with my other cats, but of course Boxer weighs 17 pounds and he is big and fluffy and keeps growling at her. He does this to all my cats I bring in, but he is just a big baby. If they hit him or hiss he crawls in the corner, then I have to get him out and baby him. His sister, Sissy, is just the opposite,she is aggressive. If any of my cats mess with Boxer they have to answer to Sissy. She comes running. But anyway my little black kitten seems to be doing very well. She likes people and is very loving. I think she belongs to somebody, but I don't want to give her back. What was she doing on that busy road? I had a poodle a few years ago that was killed on that very road. She was totally blind, so I never left her unattended outside. She had a special pen to play in. I went to the store and my husband at the time let her out. When I returned first thing I asked is, Where is Puddy and he said I must have left her outside. I threw all the sacks down and ran out the door yelling for her. The neighbors were crazy looking for her. They all knew Puddy and loved her. We found her on the next road. I thought I was going to die after seeing her little body laying there after protecting her for years. She was blind for the last 5 years of her life. Needless to say I divorced my husband quickly after that. But that road has terrible memories for me.
Looks like Puddy sent you an angel

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Once you get it home, put it in a dark, quiet room. Make it a cave out of a cardboard box, soft bedding and a blanket. Flip the box on it's side, opened at the front, pile soft bedding inside, then drape the top and the sides with a blanket leaving enough space for the cat to slip through. Put two litterpans in the room far enough away from the food and water so as not to cause health issues. Play classical music softly in the background and burn a nightlight in the room-
Hissy, will you adopt ME?

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
God bless you, Darla. I have two black cats myself, both rescues, and a black-and-white rescue. Thank you so much for taking care of that poor baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darla s

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quick update. She has a home. My sister came to visit from Virginia and took him to Petsmart and bought him toys and a leash, and yes he actually likes walking with the leash. She took him on the plane and she called last night and told me she was going to sleep with him to make him feel safe. She has a room she built just for her cats, a sun room that is. She is taking him to the vet to have her checked over, but Jinx is doing great. He found a wonderful home with 7 other cats to play with. Thanks everyone

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Darla S

Quick update. She has a home. My sister came to visit from Virginia and took him to Petsmart and bought him toys and a leash, and yes he actually likes walking with the leash. She took him on the plane and she called last night and told me she was going to sleep with him to make him feel safe. She has a room she built just for her cats, a sun room that is. She is taking him to the vet to have her checked over, but Jinx is doing great. He found a wonderful home with 7 other cats to play with. Thanks everyone
Great update!!

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A happy ending! Little Jinx will never know how close he came to death, and will live happily with his new fursiblings! YAY!

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Middletown

Thank you! it is sickening to even have to consider that, but it is very real this time of year for black cats. We take all black cats out of the general adoption area until november this week at my local SPCA.
OMG, do people actually do rituals on black cats? i thought that was fictional

felicia