kitten coughing

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

my mom already got few people who wantsone that she knows but since i don't know who they  are i don't know whether or not i should demand money from them too
If you pay for spaying, deworming and vaccines - which may be wise, so you are sure its done - simply ask for refund of the spaying money... The adopters will be happy, so they dont need to trouble with it themselves,  Which I think is one of the reasons many dont let spay their cats. Not always money, but the trouble.  You must fare to the vet at least twice just for spaying. You must have some postsurgery care...   Lotsa troubles for someone you got for free.

And or, you can always ask for an donation to some nice praiseworthy cause, in the CATS name.  Or if the cat is called  say, Snowflake and the family is  Johnson, from Snowflake Johnson.

It causes even a magical bond, making the cat as part of the family, and connecting the cat with noble feelings: helping a good cause without even clear advantages from it,

are there other any tips to finding good homes, my mom have problem demanding money how do i convince her? she also say i need to stop having all these rules it not my fault that i care for them deeply, 
Tell her its advices you got here from this forum...   :)

Of course, if she know these people personally, and does quarantee they will be good homes, there is some place for maneuwring.  Good you too learn these people.   Its more difficult to do shameful things, or irresponsible things, if they know you will know...

I hope you understand my english.  English is my third language.

Good luck!

ps.  Re books:  Begin to read on our site, both articles and the threads in the Forums.  There is a great lot of good info, partly buried in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you pay for spaying, deworming and vaccines - which may be wise, so you are sure its done - simply ask for refund of the spaying money... The adopters will be happy, so they dont need to trouble with it themselves,  Which I think is one of the reasons many dont let spay their cats. Not always money, but the trouble.  You must fare to the vet at least twice just for spaying. You must have some postsurgery care...   Lotsa troubles for someone you got for free.

And or, you can always ask for an donation to some nice praiseworthy cause, in the CATS name.  Or if the cat is called  say, Snowflake and the family is  Johnson, from Snowflake Johnson.

It causes even a magical bond, making the cat as part of the family, and connecting the cat with noble feelings: helping a good cause without even clear advantages from it,

Tell her its advices you got here from this forum...   :)

Of course, if she know these people personally, and does quarantee they will be good homes, there is some place for maneuwring.  Good you too learn these people.   Its more difficult to do shameful things, or irresponsible things, if they know you will know...

I hope you understand my english.  English is my third language.

Good luck!

ps.  Re books:  Begin to read on our site, both articles and the threads in the Forums.  There is a great lot of good info, partly buried in there.
Making sure i understand this right, i get them spay, deworm, vaccines and ask the adopter for money?  i will ask her if i could meet them and possibly seeing where the kittens going to live,  is there any questions should i ask the adopters? they are in a building with straw and i made a smaller shelter place it inside the building, how much straw should there be right now the floor is cover with at least 3 to 5 inches of straw and how cold can the kittens handle?  where are you from?

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the two older kittens are male should i find a another shelter for them before mama cat go into heat again?  i going to get her spay soon as possible and hopefully she didnt already 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

the two older kittens are male should i find a another shelter for them before mama cat go into heat again?  i going to get her spay soon as possible and hopefully she didnt already 
Oops, yes this is a real danger.  Easiest perhaps if you neuter / spay as soon you can get it done, as it must anyways be done.  Observe, the males may be fertile at least one week after the neutering - theoretically even longer. 

Its low season now, so the dangers something happens the next days is quite low, but you sooner so safer...   Observe

1.  Neutering of males is no big business, they are as new again in latest two days.   Homeless are often released the same day, after they had waken up, dizziness gone and are OK.

2. Spaying of female is major surgery, so she will need some cozy place for herself for recovery, where she is undisturbed and you can look after her.   Some vets give the possibility of "patient hotel" although I presume they take payment for it.   Home you must have some room, warmed cellar, or a cage in some warm place.  It doesnt need to be anything fancy, though.

But, semi-ferales are made of tough wood, and they tend to have excellent "healing meat".   They must have, otherwise they wouldnt be still with us.  These adult semi-ferales are the survivors.  All the weaken ones has already perished...

So, she will need a shorter time for recovery than a typical family girl.  3 days is good and usually enough, if necessary it may be enough with just 1 day.  While a family girl would ask for at least a whole week off duty.  :)

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oops, yes this is a real danger.  Easiest perhaps if you neuter / spay as soon you can get it done, as it must anyways be done.  Observe, the males may be fertile at least one week after the neutering - theoretically even longer. 

Its low season now, so the dangers something happens the next days is quite low, but you sooner so safer...   Observe

1.  Neutering of males is no big business, they are as new again in latest two days.   Homeless are often released the same day, after they had waken up, dizziness gone and are OK.

2. Spaying of female is major surgery, so she will need some cozy place for herself for recovery, where she is undisturbed and you can look after her.   Some vets give the possibility of "patient hotel" although I presume they take payment for it.   Home you must have some room, warmed cellar, or a cage in some warm place.  It doesnt need to be anything fancy, though.

But, semi-ferales are made of tough wood, and they tend to have excellent "healing meat".   They must have, otherwise they wouldnt be still with us.  These adult semi-ferales are the survivors.  All the weaken ones has already perished...

So, she will need a shorter time for recovery than a typical family girl.  3 days is good and usually enough, if necessary it may be enough with just 1 day.  While a family girl would ask for at least a whole week off duty.  :)
she haven't show any signs she in heat, should i put her in another building just in case

also i don't know if she  had her vaccines as a kitten because she just showed up probably 4 to 5 months old a week before she showed up there was a gray kitten but he only stayed for a week 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

she haven't show any signs she in heat, should i put her in another building just in case

also i don't know if she  had her vaccines as a kitten because she just showed up probably 4 to 5 months old a week before she showed up there was a gray kitten but he only stayed for a week 
Count on she had no vaccines. its the usual to do in unsafe cases.  WHICH vaccines depends on hear on what the vet says.   Here in sweden we use the vaccine for Panleukopenia (=distemper) as its a very serious and also, much contagious.  And cat flu, not fully so serious but contagious.

We dont have rabies, but cats exported to coutries with rabies gets rabies vaccine...

I dont know, if you count on a soon spaying,  I dont think you need to bother with isolating.  As said, its low season now, winter and all.   Also, she is their matriarch no?, their alfa cat.  And they are young inexperienced boys.   The chances are good they wont dare to try anything, even if they become able...  But you must play it by the ear.  And if you DO have an alternative place to have them in, yes good you do have such a place in reserve.

The danger is bigger an adult, mature come comes nearby, who knows how to do it, and either is good at courting, or just beats her up and takes what he wants.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i will to try get all of them vaccines and spay and neuter them soon as i can, yes she is the alpha cat, and you asked what i mean about she shouldn't hunt because she haven't been vaccinated , i don't know what i meant i don't know a lot about vaccines, she does hunt and catch ton of prey mice, squirrels, bunnies, rabbits, chipmunks and a few birds but mostly mice and she haven't got sick. i got some dewormer for roundworms that i got from the store few months ago i gave the two older kittens and mama the amount it said to

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hate locking them up but i don't know what to do as i said we got a Great Pyrenees puppy that like to chase and play with them and he is not gentle and mama cat wont put him in his place well she tried but my other sister who was visiting from Iowa for a two months  threw shoes at her now she won't even try because she too scared to which is a good thing because he is huge versus what he was when we first got him when he would be too scared to fight back but now he will fight back 

Last edited:

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for all the advise and suggestions and stuff i really appreciate it. if there anything else that anyone thinks that i should know then let me know

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can worms cause sneezing?

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No the kitten has an infection of the respiratory system. A bad cold basically. I suspect they will freeze out there. :(

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No the kitten has an infection of the respiratory system. A bad cold basically. I suspect they will freeze out there. :(
during the week that i noticed she was coughing i was spending at least 3 hours with them because i had more free time and i also noticed the same week which i forgot probably because i haven't see him do it again there was another coughing. now since it was Christmas break which allow me to spend more time with them again i noticed at least 3 or 4 is sneezing once in a while, but i haven't seen any coughing again so maybe it getting better? my memory is not all that great 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Last edited:

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Infections can be contagous (sp) and they all may get sick and it may be more serious than a cold. They could all die.  Sadly no creature I know of can survive that kind of cold u mention. Please sneak em inside.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Infections can be contagous (sp) and they all may get sick and it may be more serious than a cold. They could all die.  Sadly no creature I know of can survive that kind of cold u mention. Please sneak em inside.
i will talk to my mom if i can bring inside in my room, also i got her to take one kitten to a vet and hopefully it not serious because i barely got her to take one i don't know  how i going to get her take all of them,  my dad don't understand they can freeze to death he thinks their fur supply enough protection well the fur doesnt seems to be helping much and they are 16 weeks too 

Last edited:

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am going to try to give them to people that i know and if i do have to give one to a stranger i will do what been recommended by asking for rehoming fee i also   texted my mom the dangers giving them away for free so hopefully that will make her rethink just posting ad on craigslist saying free kittens but i will make sure whatever they may got get treated first and their vaccines and tests 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well explaining the dangers of giving away pets for free didn't work