kitten changing colors? wth

hellomisslady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys.

My kitten is around 4 months old. When we got him, he was 4 different shades of grey. Now he seems to be sprouting tan and white hairs all over.
I know he a domestic short hair. But we were told he is half Russian blue, half bengal. And we saw the parents, which were indeed a Russian blue and a bengal.

Do cats normally change colors when their baby fur falls out?

That is him right after we got him

And the next few are current to show his color change
I see alot of tan in his face and the white fur or sprouting from his white stripes. But like twice as long. He looks so hodge podge right now. :)
Those awkward preteen years sucked for us all I guess.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes this is completely normal for a tabby patterned cat. :D

That tan color coming through is his warm apricot base color for his tabby markings.

It looks like your beautiful boy is going to be what is known has warm blue tabby. You see blue tabbies can be any color of blue from a warm tone to a colder tone of blue.

Blue tabbies can have a warmer base color from a apricot/tan with a light powderpuff blue tabby markings to a colder base color that's almost white with a darker grey/steel color blue.

The different hair lengths is normal at his age, it's just he's got a mixture of kitten fluff still and adult hair starting to coming through. This will even out and start to look more normal has he loses all his kitten fluff to adult coat. ;)

Beautiful boy :rbheart:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

hellomisslady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks GemsGem!

Definitely the cutest thing I have ever seen. 

I was holding my breath posting these in case someone thought it a disease. 

Glad to hear this is normal