kitten change in personality, now biting

hellomisslady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

Not sure where to start.. but my 3 month old cat has changed personality quite a bit. He used to sleep on me or near me and rub up against me and pretty much purr if I looked at him.
I know part of his behavior was because he wasn't feeling well when we got him. He had a terrible case of ear mites and a yeast infection in one ear. He also had a bloated belly from worms.

He was treated.. and is still being treated for the yeast even though he has no signs (just want to be safe) :)

Well over the past 2 weeks or so, he doesn't like to be held or pet anymore. He nips constantly. He doesn't purr unless I feed him. Also he just randomly bites me, even when I'm not touching him. I will be sitting on the couch and he will walk by, hug-n-bite my arm and then go sit elsewhere. I don't know why he does this.I feel bad. I feel like he doesn't like me anymore. He used to LOVE affection.

Nothung has changed in his routine. Same feedings and food, same pay sessions, same sleep pattern. He doesn't really mind the ear cleanings anymore. So idk what is bugging him

Any advice or clues as to why my kitty suddenly is being a brat? Only 3 months old

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He could be starting to teeth :D Most kittens start teething around 12 weeks but I've had the odd kitten that started a couple weeks earlier.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Agree, he certainly could be coming more into his own. Or perhaps is feeling more bitey b/c of teething or is going through a growth spurt.

Not all sweet cuddly kittens grow up to be sweet, cuddly adults. So, something to keep in mind. Though, it is certainly possible that he is going through a phase.

Perhaps more play sessions? I do notice kittens around 12-16 wks go through kind of a "crazy" stage where they tend to be more mouthy.