Kitten came home after 3 days (with wounds), behaving strange

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 6 month old kitten went missing 3 days ago. She came back today in the morning. She also some wounds on her limbs. She was very hungry too so she had some food, purred for a while in my lap and slept. Ever since she woke up, she wants to go out again and is meowing continuously. She is also hissing at my two other kittens when they try to play with her or even go close. One of the other kittens is her sister, they are same age and have always been together. I am unable to understand why she wants to go out if she is hurt and why is she hissing at the other kittens. Can someone please help.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi @shilpa

She's on heat. Please don't let her out as she may not come back next time. If she does get out again she will mate with tom cats. Not only will she get pregnant but she will be at risk of disease and further injury.

She needs to be taken to a vet and spayed as soon as possible. Is there a vet near by you can take her to?

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they spayed?

I would get her to the vets.  Injuries could be from fighting another cat, animal or just from getting injured from the elements outdoor.

We they indoor kittens all along or were they found outside?

She may have been attacked by other cats outside and is now scared of her own family.  I would keep her separate for a day and just comfort her and get her into a trusting place again.

I know others will chime in with great ideas for you along with tips.

Please keep us updated.