Kitten born with peach fuzz versus fur

MidnightGander

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I foster pregnant and nursing mom cats for a local rescue and my current momma popped out a baby a week ago that was almost bald. Now he's mostly covered in only peach fuzz except around the head where he has some fur. He definitely seems to be growing some fur, but not a ton.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this before and if the baby will grow fur later or stay peach fuzzy? Baby was fully baked (not premature) and gaining weight just dandy (for a litter of 6 birthed to a teeny tiny momma). All his siblings are fully furred. 😆😆
20220910_100120-COLLAGE_2.jpg 20220909_205739-COLLAGE_2.jpg 20220910_081659_2.jpg 20220904_192422_2.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful mama cat with very pretty babies! The kitten looks tinier than the others so might have been delivered at an earlier stage than the rest (cats, like dogs, ovulate AFTER mating so the can not only be different father's, there can be 2 weeks or more time difference in conception, and, uncommonly, different birth days). I had a preemie whose coat stayed more like fuzz for several months, and thin, with no undercoat for over a year but now she has a silky, sleek coat that is amazingly soft. She gets cold easily so likes to sleep under the covers and I give her a heated pet mat on a chair during winter.