Kitten Avoiding Litter Box (Peeing in Cycles)

tkaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a few questions at the end of this post.

I think I have posted something like this before, but as the problem continues, I get more information. I have two kittens; A female, Cookie, six months and Thumper is 8 months old and a boy.

Cookie seems to avoid her litter box to pee either near the box, or in various places around the house. The Vet indicates she if fine with regards to Uninary Tract and culture tests.

I recently locked Cookie in the bathroom for a day and she was great for about a week. The first sign of avoiding the bax was smelling around. Then she peed in the bath tub and finally, near the box. Although I put her by the box when I saw her smelling around, she looked at me and whent right on the mat the box was on.

The box is big and clean. I actually have two boxes and she does use the other one for pooping.

I have atheory which is she does not like it when my otherr cat poops in her box.

She is back in the bathroom for I hope only a day or 2-3. The last time a week ago, it was just one day.

I watched her in the bathroom and she circled the box which had two pee balls plus one poop from her in it from the night she spent in there. She finally did use the box.

Questions:
1. Can the vet be wrong assuming they have experience? I taking their word for it when they tell me tests and cultures came up negative.
2. Would blook work be worth it? Teh vet disagrees based on the age of the kitten.
3. Can the bathroom train a cat to be more open minded about using a litter bos with another cat.
4. My condo is a one bedroom and a loft with about 1,000 square feet. The loft is prettysmall like a half room and one box it up their. Both cats poop in it.
5. Thumper is non agressive. He does play hard, but does not appear to scare Cookie away from her box. They platy, eat and sometimes sleep together. She also chases him around. He outweighs her by at least 3-4 pounds so he is 10/11 pounds and she is 7.