Kitten Attacks

Abb0045

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I have an 8 week old Maine Coon mix, and from day one of having him (almost 3 weeks) he has attacked my face while I sleep. First, he licks me and then bites. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I have tried "no" and putting him off the bed, ignoring him, covering my head...nothing is working. I can't lock him out of my room because he can crawl under the door.
Please help, I need sleep. I only get a couple of hours total. There is one other thing....the biting is constant, but when he licks, he only licks the places were I have an acne bump.
Any advice would be helpful. He loves water so I don' think a spray bottle would help.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put some heavy textbook inside the door to block it? I'm sure there are some fancy solutions that are costly or an even bigger hassle, but if you can break the habit, you don't need it, so block the crack in the door for a week or two. Huge hassle I'm sure, especially if you have to go to the bathroom at night and need to use that door. But still, that has to be the easiest surest option unless you can imprison him somewhere suitable, like a finished basement with litterbox etc -- assuming you live in a small apartment and that isn't an option?

P.S. If you do block the door, I'm sure the kitten will scratch and cry at it for hours, possibly for a few nights in a row. You would have to commit to it and not waiver. Ugh, I know, sorry. Maybe someone else will have something better. But unfortunately, I kind of doubt it.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abb0045

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Put some heavy textbook inside the door to block it? I'm sure there are some fancy solutions that are costly or an even bigger hassle, but if you can break the habit, you don't need it, so block the crack in the door for a week or two. Huge hassle I'm sure, especially if you have to go to the bathroom at night and need to use that door. But still, that has to be the easiest surest option unless you can imprison him somewhere suitable, like a finished basement with litterbox etc -- assuming you live in a small apartment and that isn't an option?

P.S. If you do block the door, I'm sure the kitten will scratch and cry at it for hours, possibly for a few nights in a row. You would have to commit to it and not waiver. Ugh, I know, sorry. Maybe someone else will have something better. But unfortunately, I kind of doubt it.
Thank you so much. I guess I'm so sleep deprived I didn't even think of books.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just tape a piece of cardboard to the bottom of the door and you have an instant cat shield. Then shut out the kitten when it gets obnoxious. Also make sure you never engage in play or petting in your bedroom. Kitten will learn it is a very boring place that is just for sleeping.