Kitten Attacks My Head

Munchkincath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is a 4 months old dark turtle shell, Me and my boyfriend adopted her when she was only 7 weeks old. She cuddles a lot more with me than she does with my boyfriend, and play fights more roughly with him, but since about 2 weeks she started jumping on my face while in attack mode when i'm just sitting on the couch watching Tv, and she only does this to me, never to my boyfriend. Good thing she doesn't bite, just happened once or twice but not hard enough to pierce my skin on the million times she did it. She doesn't attack just once, she come back a few time doing the same. Every time i can see it in her eyes what she is preparing to do ;_;

My question is why only me? and how can i stop this behavior? when she is not like this she is the sweetest and most affectionate kitten to me. But when she starts attacking my head like this i become i bit nervous.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your kitten isn't really "attacking" you but initiating play (assuming that she's not hissing, growling, or giving any other sign that she's attacking you). Ever watch 2 kittens play together? They "attack" each other like this regularly.

To teach your kitten that this is not okay to do with you, I would not give her a reaction when she does it. Instead, calmly pick up a toy and encourage her to play with that.

If she does ever bite or hurt you when doing this, you can also try giving a low squeal. I read that this is how kittens tell each other that something hurts during play so you may try doing it with her.

Also, in general, don't ever use your body to play with your kitten. You will regret it when she is older :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Munchkincath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like your kitten isn't really "attacking" you but initiating play (assuming that she's not hissing, growling, or giving any other sign that she's attacking you). Ever watch 2 kittens play together? They "attack" each other like this regularly.

To teach your kitten that this is not okay to do with you, I would not give her a reaction when she does it. Instead, calmly pick up a toy and encourage her to play with that.

If she does ever bite or hurt you when doing this, you can also try giving a low squeal. I read that this is how kittens tell each other that something hurts during play so you may try doing it with her.

Also, in general, don't ever use your body to play with your kitten. You will regret it when she is older :)

I know she does this to play, i dont mind when she does it to my legs when i walk, or jump on my back, it's the head that makes me nervous xD dont worry i know it's because she is very playfull, sorry i shoudlnt have use the word attack.
Tried the low squeal because sometimes her lovebites are a bit hard, doesn't work :/ i also try to react the less possible, thing is, it's hard to not even try to protect my face when she does it, and it seems to encourage her doing it because she sees my reaction.

I'm still worried why she does it to me, the person she cuddles most, and not to my boyfriend?

Still thank you for your answer, very appreciated :)