Kitten acting strange

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shtunka

Thanks everyone for your posts, my kittens is improving. I've bought her lots of toys yesterday and some online which I'm sure she will enjoy. I took her to another vet and found she is not well and is now on medication. This was an expensive lesson why not to buy from breeders, from now on I will only get my pets from the RSPCA or any other shelter that don't euthonase animals.

Since she got her first booster she is feeling much better.

Thanks again for all your posts.

What was wrong with her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shtunka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had some type of worm, skin infection which looks like scabs plus she had some sort of temperature. Don't remember all the details but after her jabs she is much better.

She finishes all her food every day, wet(IAMS brand) and dry. She doesn't walk around meowing as much and her general behaviour is much better.

I'm now a really happy kitten owner!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to know you both are doing better! Welcome to the crazy, wonderful world of owning a cat! Prepare for lots of laughs, love, and stories to tell everyone!

ellebob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Also, is it normal for a kitten to walk around a house meowing endlessly, as the only she doesn't meow is when is lying on top of one of us?
D
That's a good sign, she obviously really loves your attention. My kittens took much longer to feel comfortable around us.

I don't know the MacDonalds brand so wouldn't know about it being unhealthy but I think as she's young it's best to just get her eating then when she's settled you can slowly get her eating what you think is best. allow her to get used to one food by itself (whichever she likes best) before mixing. If you're really unsure about what you're giving her though, just check with the vet. you could also contact the breeders in case she's used to another food they forgot to tell you about, as it sounds like they have too many cats to keep track of who's eating what easily.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She had some type of worm, skin infection which looks like scabs plus she had some sort of temperature. Don't remember all the details but after her jabs she is much better.

She finishes all her food every day, wet(IAMS brand) and dry. She doesn't walk around meowing as much and her general behaviour is much better.

I'm now a really happy kitten owner!

She had worms and a skin infection, or did she have ringworm? Ringworm is a fungus, not a worm. Can be tough to get rid of, but as long as you follow your vet's protocol she should do fine. Glad she is doing better. She's a dollbaby!