Kitten acting bizarre

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peacefulchaos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, little update.  They've both been neutered.  But, of course, they're still both being protective of toys.  Yes, the other kitten has decided to pick up this lovely habit.  Once again, its only soft/stuffed toys.

Honestly, I have a question. 
I am not giving them any more stuffed toys, ever, period, even though they were neutered and I thought maybe it'd get better.  Maybe I will when they're mature adults, as in 2 years plus, but not for the foreseeable future.  The risk of a fight is just too great and having to constantly supervise is enough to drive you mad. 

Could this behavior have anything to do with where they both came from?
They came from a hoarder's house.  There was at least 50 cats in this house by the sounds of it, probably closer to the hundred(s) mark.  They were rescued very young (1-2 months old, perhaps).  But still.  They competed for resources in a dirty and likely emotionally cold environment.  Could the beginning with the hoarder have anything to do with their craze over soft things?  Luckily they are not protective over food despite these beginnings.  Just thought I'd pose the question.  "Soft" toys and beds just pose a certain comfort, I think, they never particularly had.  The tension in the room when soft toys are around could be cut with a butterknife - it is absolutely crazy tense and I have never seen them so distant.  One of them even growled at me (Hank, the one who just picked up this habit).

Last edited: