KitnipBox Giveaway - Let's Have Some Fun!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Edit: This giveaway is closed for submissions. The winner was chosen and has received the prize

This week's giveaway is all about fun fun fun!

We are giving away a Happy Cat KitNipBox to one lucky TCS member!

View media item 315343
What's inside the box? An assortment of kitty goodies, treats and toys carefully selected by the KitNipBox team! 

To participate in this giveaway -

1. Post in this thread  with the word ENTRY in capital letters and tell us something funny about your cat or about cats in general. Do you know a good cat joke? Now's the time to share! Please stick to the rules and keep things family-friendly. Don't copy a joke verbatim from another website (but it's ok to re-tell a joke, in your own words).

2. One new ENTRY post to this thread once every calendar day for a maximum of seven giveaway ENTRY posts.

3. Each entry post must have the word ENTRY in capital letters in it  along with a joke or funny tidbit about cats (your own kitty or generally about cats). 

4. To participate in this giveaway you must be over 18 years of age.

5. Prize can only be shipped within the US & Canada. 

6. To win you must be a member with at least 15 posts on the site  by the day of the draw.

If you're joining us during the giveaway, make sure you post around the site and get to know the community! New Cats On The Block is a great place to start posting and telling us about yourself and your cats. 

7. Last entry can be submitted by midnight of Sunday, December  13th, 2015 PDT.

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

This is a fond memory I have. Shows how you have to see the humor even in the bad times. Sara was in the bathroom with some special cat food because she was in an "I'm not eating anything and you can't make me" phase. It was the Hills a/d, you know that stuff that is irresistible to cats. Well, Lucky definitely got a whiff of it, and was going absolutely bonkers trying to get to the food. He was rolling around like crazy, sticking his paws under the door, etc. If I didn't know better, I would have thought there was catnip in that stuff because that's how he was acting. That was the first time I ever saw him get like that over FOOD. So of course I had to capture the moment. All the while he was meowing and me and pleading with me to let him in there so he could eat it. That very last photo just makes me crack up so much still.

View media item 315468
View media item 315469
View media item 315470
View media item 315471
View media item 315472

jolie0216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I woke up yesterday morning and it looked like an earthquake took place in my kitchen!   There were broken plates & coffee cups shattered into several little white ceramic pieces all over the floor - but there was also pieces of kibble and chicken PureBites strewn across the floor as well.   I suppose the cats were enraged by my decision to sleep in on Sunday morning, and they decided they were going to get a kibble & PureBites breakfast, whether I got up to fix it for them or not!   So I guess now they know how to open cabinets in addition to ripping bags open (the bag-ripping isn't new - but the cabinet opening is)  If only they could open cans on their own!

I guess now I'm going to have to stash the kibble & treats in the microwave so that they can't be broken into!!

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

View media item 315480
Here's Macha's toy nowadays it's Mia's tunnel btw (was given to her) she loves it and she would go in there and play alot. I think she loves her sister toy because more exciting, the color too maybe attracted her?  She would catch and play with those plastic balls attached to the tunnel toy. She would smack it like she's playing tennis or baseball then she gets too excited and running around like crazy and making noises (talking, meowing, screaming) happily it's funny her eyes glowed and so huge than ever.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Let's talk about kittens.

So, I got my boys back in July when they were 8 weeks old. And they play like I've never seen adult cats play in my life. But these guys were brothers and they played way more than any others I've had. Anyway, when they would be play fighting, they often would step back, stare at each other, and then lunge at each other. Other times, they jumped up in the air and did this chest bump thing - mid-air! It always made me laugh because I imagined them going very slowly (a la "The Matrix") and seeing all this energy pouring our from between them the moment their chests bumped.

I've never seen cats do that before, and it's hysterical. They're 6.5 months now, so they don't do that nearly as often. But when they do it always gives me a laugh.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a friend who told me a pretty funny cat story once. They had a indoor/outdoor cat that they used to feed under the dining room table. Well, one time they had company, like fancy company, and so they moved the bowl out into the kitchen. So they're eating dinner (I think it was her hubbys boss) when all of a sudden she hears this "harmmmm chommm chommmm" coming from under the table. I guess the cat didn't appreciate being left out, because it was a baby rabbit. Sans the head. Apparently the guts were a delicacy too... And no, the boss never again accepted a dinner invitation after that. Which was good, she said, coz they were kinda stuck up. I guess when she told them the cat was used to eating under the table, they thought it was like that, every night. Lol.

Last edited:

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTER

So Macha thinks she owns the tunnel and enjoying herself but she was surprised when Mia reclaimed her property. She sits there and waiting what Macha going to do. Macha swats her few times, she wants her out. Mia fought back and rolling inside but she's determined to stay there as she can. Macha jumps on the tunnel and trying hard to get Mia out there but unfortunately Mia stayed. Few minutes later, Macha gave up and waiting for the perfect time, can she get it back? Let's see..

View media item 315621

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Eclipse has been Santa's helper this year.  He stands on the wrapping paper while I try to cut it.  All gifts must pass the sniff inspection.  He routinely checks the gifts staying here and swats at the bows to make sure they are stuck on well.  Many of the gifts mailed out with curling ribbon left with chewed ends and teeth marks.  I hope his additions are appreciated.  Wrapping took longer this year but was so much more fun!

godiva kiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Sprinkle loves when I make a fort for her because she can either sleep or just chill inside it. But one night she got a bit curious and this is what happened...

View media item 315638
She decided to jump on the top and get comfortable!!!

So, once she got off, I put it back up, and then she did this...

View media item 315639
WHAT A SILLY SPRINKLE!!!

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Rose is my long haired black cat with a white bib and mini socks. I call her nosey Rosey cause she jumps in the cabinet while I try to put the cups away. When I feed the dog she climbs up in that cabinet and I have to gently remove her while she yowls. Yesterday we where wrapping presents ( I say we cause Rose was holding down the wrapping paper). She says she looks good with red wrapping paper I was tempted to wrap her up as a gift. Rose wouldn't budge off the paper I almost cut her tail off with the scissors attempting to cut around her piece of the paper. To be fair this cat has always had a attraction to paper ! Put a bill on the table and she will go sit on it and refuse to move yowling when she is removed. Rose was a garage cat before coming to live with me at 12 weeks. when ever the door opens first thing in the morning she tries to bolt outside to see the day. Once I heard a meowing I knew it was Rose I looked all over the house! No where to be found , I finally opened the door and Nosey Rosey ran back inside! She was so lucky the neighbor dogs didn't come after her! Rosey loves everyone she has to stretch up on her hind legs and pat the butt of new comers to the house. Rosey loves iced tea once I gave her some and now she won't leave me alone if I'm drinking tea. She wants some and will stick her whole head or paw down my glass when I'm not looking. Rose is very special to me she sleeps on my pillow like a turbine around my head at night. Her fluff invading my eyes and nose. I wouldn't know what to do without my Nosey Rosey.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had a friend who told me a pretty funny cat story once. They had a indoor/outdoor cat that they used to feed under the dining room table. Well, one time they had company, like fancy company, and so they moved the bowl out into the kitchen. So they're eating dinner (I think it was her hubbys boss) when all of a sudden she hears this "harmmmm chommm chommmm" coming from under the table. I guess the cat didn't appreciate being left out, because it was a baby rabbit. Sans the head. Apparently the guts were a delicacy too... And no, the boss never again accepted a dinner invitation after that. Which was good, she said, coz they were kinda stuck up. I guess when she told them the cat was used to eating under the table, they thought it was like that, every night. Lol.
If you want this to be in the contest, you probably need to repost it with the word ENTRY preceding it

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY: My dearly loved late cat Milo was completely devoted to me. He even chose me at the shelter, but that's another story.

We used to live in a second floor walk-up apartment and as soon as he heard me open the foyer door downstairs, he would start battering the door with both paws. This pounding echoed up and down the stair well and heads would poke out from other apartment doors. I couldn't even stop to open my mailbox as the booming would get more and more frantic until I raced up the stairs and let myself in. At this point, he would race to his scratching post for a good scratch before bounding back to me for greetings. He was a lovable clown![emoji]128568[/emoji]

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ENTRY

Tinky is such a nutcase.  He makes us laugh each and every day.  He's kind of like Kramer from Seinfeld.  Just the way he enters the room is laughable.  He doesn't just walk into the room, he bolts into the room
(I'm here, I'm here...did I miss anything???)  And he's got this gorgeous bushy tail that is usually straight up in the air.  I can't always see HIM, but I can usually tell where he is because I see the end of his tail sticking up in the air.  Tinky likes to give his brother (who is on a constant diet) treats.  I guess he feels sorry for him, because when it's treat time, I will dole them out so that Darko gets exact proportions for his daily caloric intake.  then I toss the treats around the house so everyone has to run for them for a little exercise.  Well,  Tinky, bless his heart, will take his treat, run all over the house with it, and then go drop it off right in front of Darko

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Kyubi's safe room was the bathroom for about 9 months.  He liked to play in the bathtub and sit on our laps when we were on the toilet (sorry if that's TMI!).  Anyways, he now has free rein of the apartment and is now locked out of the bathroom because he likes to unravel the toilet paper.   He will still periodically try to get into the bathroom by digging at the door, but he shows special interest in it when we are in it.  If we leave the door open he will go in the bathroom with us and sit there until we kick him out.  However, sometimes we prefer a little privacy and (gasp!) lock him OUT of the bathroom while we're using it.  In this case, he will noisily dig at the door, trying to make us feel guilty.  Well, on this specific occasion he was digging and scratching at the door and then all of a sudden it fell silent.  Very suspicious!! So I decided to check on him and this is what I found!  He's just creepily, silently, watching me.  He did this for at least one minute!

View media item 315657

Last edited:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

So, here is an official photo story of Morgana being her usual naughty self. Behold! her journey of cupboard opening, climbing, entering and perching/exploring. The very same cupboard where various foods, baking supplies and cat snacks are "safely" located. Finally was able to capture evidence of one of her mighty escapades. 

View media item 315652
View media item 315653
View media item 315654
View media item 315655
View media item 315656
View media item 315658
View media item 315659
View media item 315660
View media item 315661
View media item 315662
Yuuuuuuup.

Clearly, a normal cat.

There is also various stories and pictures of her happily welcoming herself into other locations like filing cabinets, cook wear and fireplaces, or stealing items, or reminding the other animals that she is the one and only ruler of Morganaland (aka my house), or comfortably opening closed doors by comfortably holding on to the doorknob with both paws and making shifty turning motions. That is why some doors require hooks. And so forth, and so forth....that's my baby 

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

When I lived in California it was at a gated community mobile home park, so no street traffic, thankfully. Liberty Belle had a new toy. It was one of

those weasels attached to a ball with a fluffy tail and it would flip and flop. She totally was in love with that weasel! One day she was playing with

it and I was busy around the house. Eventually I wondered where she was because it was odd not to hear her toy unless the battery died. 

I went out on the porch, and there she was, way on down the road, weasel in front of her, that toy had flip flopped it`s way down the steps

and way on down the road (remember, no traffic) I bet some of the neighbors were well entertained. Sadly I do not have a picture of this

adventure, but here is a picture of Liberty Belle. View media item 315695

gigizinkel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ENTER

In the summertime, we used to always bring out our dog Chelsea on the deck of our pool. My daughter (then 8 years old) decided to throw  a small beach ball towards her, seeing how she would react. Surprisingly, she punches the ball with her nose before it hits anywhere and throws it back into the pool!! We did it a few more times, and eventually it was a game of volleyball. Hit, punch, hit, punch, on and on and on. Over the course of the next few weeks, Chelsea decided to lay out on a sun tan floatie while playing with my daughter! She had the time of her life on that pink sun tan floatie. Every day during the summer they went out and played volleyball happily. Even a few of her friends came over every other day, and boy could Chelsea take on 4 people at once throwing a volleyball towards her! Her nose was a very important part of her. Sadly, our Chelsea passed away 1 week ago, but we have all the memories we got of her to keep our happiness alive. Thanks for reading! -Gigi Zinkel of Homer Glen, IL

gigizinkel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's what my cat does all the time! It's hilarious to watch :) Good luck! I hope you win!!

darren7481

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is an old pic, Morty is now all grown up:)
KITNIP BOX GIVEAWAY!

So here is my funny Siamese cat story:

One fine bright morning, my hubby & I decided to drink our delicious French-pressed coffee on our tiny city-scape porch. It was very close to major roads & a skip/n/jump from the University campus where my guy was going to classes. Well, our lovely siamesey-striped giant cat Sid was not pleased. He was lonely. He felt left out. He wanted revenge! He cried & yowled, he scraped the door w/his claws, he peed on things......then he realized he had an advantage. He was inside the house & we were not. He knew he was smarter than his silly human parents....& that's when Sid locked the deadbolt.. The silence after all of the indignant meows was just what you'd expect from a victorious-/I've proven my point sort of cat. Lucky for us, we had a spare key in the tire-well of a VW Bus, but if we hadn't?! Total Sid Win!

gangsta chanca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright, here's a story about my cat i would like to share. (Not entering give away)

Now, while my cat is super cute, and your average domestic medium hair, he is a big pain, or so i have been told. Whenever he wants food, he will go and bite the stringed up shells we have hung from the celing. It is always so funny and very irritating hearing the crash!  as one of the strings of shells hits the floor. I then hear, usually, from another family member: "JET!!!!!!", and hen he runs up to my room to hide because he knows he is in a lot of trouble.

He also, for some strange reason, lays half on my bed and half on my desk, so he is stretched out with his front end on the desk, and his back end on my bed. He looks so weird when he does this, gonna try and find a picture!

:D I love my cat!

Last edited: