KItchen Pictures

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, ME! But I'd love to cook for you!

The cabinets have been installed. But, yes, there are some problems. The kitchen designer forgot to include some of the pieces to the crown molding in the order, so we need to order them now. There are two cabinet knobs missing from the order. Part of the range fan is on backorder (so we're not using the stove right now, til we can get that connected; I suppose we could use the stove without the fan.). The most glaring error? We have two 24-inch wall cabinets; evidently, when they were put together, one end was upside-down. No biggie, right? Wrong. Because of that, the shelves aren't aligned correctly, hence the shelves are crooked. Really crooked. Can't use them, wouldn't use them.

So we have to order the missing pieces, get the two cabinets straightened out, and get that range fan here and installed. They're thinking a month. Darn it.

The floor....oy. Although the cabinets are the same size as the old ones, they have a smaller footprint, depthwise. So there are areas (around the pantry cabinet, for example, which isn't nearly as deep as the old cabinet was) that really show the subfloor. And the toe kick certainly won't cover that. So we're going floor-shopping on Saturday and when the cabinet installers come back to finish up, they'll install the toe kicks at that time over the new floor. That will give us time to buy and install new flooring. Man, I didn't want to do that. But the subfloor is right there and Rick doesn't want to deal with it.

This is turning into the never-ending kitchen reno!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it so sad that things never seem to go smoothly. But just look forward to the day that it is all straightened out and you have your beautiful new kitchen to cook in!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think all repos are never-ending, but I bet it will be fabulous when it's done! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys! I'm looking forward to having it finished!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is turning into the never-ending kitchen reno!
Yep.... know the feeling. It is like opening up a can of worms.... so to speak. :lol3: OMG it seems once you get started on a reno project, it never ends. There always seems to be something unexpected or unpredicted that needs doing..... :rolleyes: