Kind of a spin-off of, "Do you like your name?"

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have been a Junior.
In my dad's family all firstborn (I'm one) sons were named after their fathers.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Had I been a boy, my name would have been Randy Gernell....which is what my brother's name is. We don't know where on earth Mom got that middle name; we always said she had too much anesthesia when she choose that name.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I would have been Daryl Lloyd (my brother's name) if I would have been born a boy, but I was the first-born so he got the name instead.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have been Kristoffer David. My brother would have been Bree Anna, and my youngest brother would have been Norine Elizabeth. I think he's glad he was a boy! What kind of name is Norine anyway. . .I think we would have called him Lizzie

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have been Glenn Sanford after my two grandfathers. As it worked out, my brother got it instead.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bryan Adrian. One of my cousins used the Bryan for his first born since I wasn't using it.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I don't know what I would have been called if I were a boy -- I'll have to ask Mom tomorrow! But I do know what she originally wanted to name me...

Her name is Dorothy, and she's usually called Dorie. My father's name was Raymond, and Ray was one of several things he was called. So my mother wanted to name me...

Dorian Raye.

Get it? Dorie 'n' Ray?

Luckily, my father was at her bedside when they brought in the form on which my name had to be entered, and Mom was still groggy from the delivery. It was a close call, but Papa saved me by choosing names from Aunt Carolyn on his side and Aunt Helen Marie on Mom's side -- hence, Carol Marie. I am eternally grateful!
My mother would have been named for two of her mother's "rich" siblings but since she was out of it, my grandfather interceded and stated Mom would be Luella Elizabeth. Luella for her mom, and Elizabeth for any of her 4 great grandmothers. Yep, all 4 were called Elizabeth.

Originally Posted by yayi

I would have been a Junior.
In my dad's family all firstborn (I'm one) sons were named after their fathers.
The doc who delivered my dad was in the middle of a hot card game and he went straight back to the game instead of recording the birth. When he did get around to it a couple of days later, he recalled that dad was to be named for his dad so the doc put down "Junior Adrian".
Dad was to be Cornelius Adrian, Jr. so it was a smidge better, I guess. They all thought the record said that until dad was shown a copy of his birth certificate and it said Junior was his first name.