Kiki still has bumps on him even after seeing the vet!!!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Trouble with gravy in FF and friskies is wheat gluten which is a grain, the higher end foods use potato and other types of thickeners, I find it weird that your vet says grains are to blame and then gives you food with grains. He clearly has no clue what grain is! I feed some classic FF pate and mush it up with bottled spring water to make gravy and keep them hydrated. This way they get no wheat gluten gravy! Mine like the the only two without fish, liver and chicken and chopped grill in the classic pate, then I mush it with spring water. FF is not perfect but cats love it and it is good rotated with some mid and high end foods. My cats get so much variety, if there was a recall it would not phase them.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trouble with gravy in FF and friskies is wheat gluten which is a grain, the higher end foods use potato and other types of thickeners, I find it weird that your vet says grains are to blame and then gives you food with grains. He clearly has no clue what grain is! I feed some classic FF pate and mush it up with bottled spring water to make gravy and keep them hydrated. This way they get no wheat gluten gravy!
I think the vet made a mistake and I will try the classic FF pate.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
For treats I recommend purebite freeze dried chicken, the dog size is best value. I order from chewy or amazon. I also offer a flat teaspoon of Merrick dry chicken kibble in yellow bag. It is teeny tiny kibble no grains. This is just a bedtime snack since dry is not that good for them! The dry comes in handy if I am away overnight or as a snack, not a steady diet. This is the only grain free dry my girl does not throw up!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

crimmie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right...and you need a grain free alternative. The link I posted is a good alternative.