Kiki (cat) was poisoned with bio spot last night - now having tremors...

sydthekid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your kitty. We adopted our kitty in October of 2011. We tried to be good parents and bought Revolution for her right away. We waited a little while until she was comfortable in her new surroundings, gave her a dosage and a few nights later, she woke us up having a seizure. We were naturally freaked out and took her to the vet in tears. We said no to all of the questions, only that we applied Revolution a few days prior. We waited to give her the next dosage (she is an indoor cat). A few days after the application, she had another seizure. We rushed her to the vet and our vet contacted someone at the company. They told her that it is rare but some cats can have sensitivity to Selamectin. We decided to switch her to Heartguard. We broke up the pill in pieces for her and the months she consumed all of the pieces at once, she had seizures. At this point she had 4 total seizures. We talked to our vet, who is quite wonderful and helped us treat our dog that had cancer, so we trust her completely. She called whomever on her magic vet line and was told that some cats that have a Selamectin sensitivity also have a sensitivity to Ivermectin. We made the decision together not to give her any treatment and to limit her vaccinations to only what is necessary since she never goes outside, no longer has a big sister, and doesn't have any pet visitors. It is just like people, I cannot tolerate chemicals of any kind, certain foods, etc., or I have severe allergic reactions. Animals are the same and it is shame we have to learn the hard way what they can and cannot tolerate but once we know, it is for the better and we can help them be happy, healthy and enjoy their lives to the fullest. My little one has not had any seizures since we stopped giving her meds (after her last seizure in September 2012)...whereas from October 2011 to September 2012 she had 4 seizures. My little one is just really sensitive and we have to be very careful and live in a "green" home. People tell me all the time that I found my twin in a feline because we are both so sensitive to so many things. I tell them, that is why she found me and chose me to be her mom. Good luck with your kitty. 

SteveandDawn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Advantix and Advantage are so similarly named that it's causing a lot of tragedy. I'm on the band wagon of cat owners who inadvertently poisoned kitty by using Advantix on the dogs and allowing them back together too soon.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SteveandDawn SteveandDawn
The thread you've posted on is several years old, and the original posters may not be on TCS anymore.
If you'd like to start a discussion on flea treatments or ask questions, please start a new thread so your post receives more attention