Kids say the darndest things!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by winwin

At a church service, the pastor noticed a particularly lovely child, and invited her up to the altar so the congregation could admire her pretty, frilly dress.

After telling the little tyke how pretty her dress was, the child remarked, "Thank you. My mother says it's a bitch to iron".

At another service, the pastor prayed, "Lord, without you, we are but dust . ." and at this point a child loudly inquired, "Mommy, what is butt dust ?"

At that point, church services were, for all practical purposes, over.

Leonard.
OMG those are hilarious!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Though I don't know this kid, I'll post about her.
I was in Wal-Mart, and there was a lady pushing a cart with her young, maybe 3-4 year old, daughter in it. The little girl was crying, and the mother said to her, "What?" and the little girl didn't say anything. After a short pause, the mom said, "What are you crying about?" and the little girl responded with, "I DON'T KNOW!
"
Too funny! I think we've all been there!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When nephew's youngest turned 3, Mom and I gave him a card with 3 one-dollar bills. Later, at a party with his mother's family, he opened a card, and started shaking it. He then looked up and said "How rude!". Well, nephew's in-laws started opening wallets and dollar bills were produced. Mom and I apologized for starting something.

BTW, nephew makes his kids put most of their birthday money in their savings account.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How hilarious!

This morning 9 y/o daughter was sitting on the loveseat, with a portable desk over her lap. She was coloring, which is very common for her! LOL. The cute thing was, there was Festus, sitting next to her, behind the portable desk. If she could have held a colored pencil, I'm sure she would have helped out!

Then, not too much later, Garfield was interrupting the Barbie game. Laying on the "rug" in the Barbie house, playing with the toys, etc. Of course, dd isn't REALLY playing Barbies. She has the house set up, and lots of extras. But the main caracter is a soft starfish, instead of a Barbie!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by winwin

At a church service, the pastor noticed a particularly lovely child, and invited her up to the altar so the congregation could admire her pretty, frilly dress.

After telling the little tyke how pretty her dress was, the child remarked, "Thank you. My mother says it's a bitch to iron".

At another service, the pastor prayed, "Lord, without you, we are but dust . ." and at this point a child loudly inquired, "Mommy, what is butt dust ?"

At that point, church services were, for all practical purposes, over.

Leonard.

OMG...