Kidneys FIV BJ needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all cat guardians, I have read about a new test coming soon. I don’t know a lot about it but it is supposed to detect Chronic Kidney Disease earlier in cats. IDEXX SDMA is something to ask your vet about.

Thank you to everyone here for your help and support.
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner Everything you posted was of value to me and I am sure that others will see it too. I suggest everyone read what is in those links.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Everything in the link you posted helped too! I read it all and explored it all.
catsknowme catsknowme I used your info as well. Went over everything with the vet and tests.

Whether posts contained information or support, they all helped. Thank you! I explored all avenues for BJ but the final straw was lymphoma. All his systems were shutting down and , although the vets put all efforts forth, this was the final test of his immune system.
BJ never gave up but I needed to give him his wings. :grouphug2:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is with a heavy heart that I read of BJ's passing. :alright:Thank you for giving him a rich life, filled with all the love and joys of a real home & family. He was able to know life as an outdoor king and the relaxing comforts of a safe, pleasant inside life with his loving clowder. I know that the decision wasn't easy but it was the right thing to do. Another set of footprints to walk the Night Sky trail tonight, flying fast and high above the winter winds & snow & rain.....Godspeed and tailwinds west, BJ :vibes: :vibes::vibes:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
For all cat guardians, I have read about a new test coming soon. I don’t know a lot about it but it is supposed to detect Chronic Kidney Disease earlier in cats. IDEXX SDMA is something to ask your vet about.

FeebysOwner FeebysOwner Everything you posted was of value to me and I am sure that others will see it too. I suggest everyone read what is in those links.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Everything in the link you posted helped too! I read it all and explored it all.
catsknowme catsknowme I used your info as well. Went over everything with the vet and tests.

Whether posts contained information or support, they all helped. Thank you! I explored all avenues for BJ but the final straw was lymphoma. All his systems were shutting down and , although the vets put all efforts forth, this was the final test of his immune system.
I find myself sobbing silently at work while reading this. I have not known BJ, or have hugged him personally, but this pains and saddens me a lot. I know that every one of us here has to say goodbye, or has already said our goodbyes to some of our beloved cats, but each time, each time it still is so darned hard.

Jcatbird Jcatbird , here's sending you all my deepest sympathies. I hope that at least that our words could give you a bit of comfort. Today is a very sad day. Very sad day.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OH Jen, I am so very sorry for your loss of precious BJ! I know the entire clowder has to be feeling that bigtime. When there is a guardian cat in the home, everyone depends on him to feel safe, secure, and loved. Our beloved angel Calo was like that.
Words are insufficient, so I won't burden you with a lot of them. Know that BJ watches over you all and guards you well from the Bridge, and that he is safe, healthy, and feeling well again in Perfect Love. You will all reunite in due time, never to part. May the many precious memories I'm sure you have, and your photos and videos, bring comfort in time. Until then, grieve you must.
My *PRAYERS* and thoughts are with you all.
IMG_0076.JPG

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry Jcatbird. This is a big loss at Chez Catbird. As someone that had cats who had cancer and were rejecting their medicines towards the end. I can say it was BJ's time. You made the right decision. I hope one day they can eradicate all feline ailments, especially FIV, FELV, FIPs and all cancers.

Big Hugs. :alright::hugs::heartshape: I pray that you find strength and peace as you cope with the loss of your beloved BJ. Take care.❤❤❤

Status
Not open for further replies.