Kibble/Wet/Raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bluebo, the first thing for you to get your cat into a 100% wet diet is to stop saying you can't do it. YOU CAN. I promise you, if you want, you CAN. But not if you think you can't. You are already defeating yourself with that state of mind.... You can say you are having a hard time..... But don't say you can't.
He already eats wet..... You are SO ahead of the game it is not even funny! There are some missing pieces we need to figure out..... But I have no doubt in my mind you can do this.
But you have to stop saying it, and put in your head that you CAN do it.
:yeah: And THAT is productive! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluebo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alriggghhhhtttt guys lol. I get it. I am sensitive because I DO feel guilty-- I am woman enough to admit it.
I will try to change my attitude but all I'm asking for is a bit of consideration. Ponder- maybe she IS trying to change her cats diet (not just me but anyone new that comes on here)...
I know you are all concerned for my cat and cats in general and I respect that but I feel very disheartened is all... yeesh...life... :(

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alriggghhhhtttt guys lol. I get it. I am sensitive because I DO feel guilty-- I am woman enough to admit it.
I will try to change my attitude but all I'm asking for is a bit of consideration. Ponder- maybe she IS trying to change her cats diet (not just me but anyone new that comes on here)...
I know you are all concerned for my cat and cats in general and I respect that but I feel very disheartened is all... yeesh...life... 
It's not just you and it is generally the raw community that takes offensive to the next level. I understand their theories and their ideology, I really do. If my cat would actually transition to raw/canned I would be jumping for joy but I wouldn't talk down to others that have tried their hardest to transition their stubborn old cats! I would just say do your personal best with whatever resources, finances, and abilities that you have.
How to explain this....
When certain people switch their pet onto raw (some cat owners and some dog owners) they tend to get an arrogant attitude. Like they are better somehow then us insignificant, bottom feeder kibble/canned feeding losers. Like we lack the knowledge/understanding to attempt a raw diet.... then we do try the diet (or I did anyway) and it didnt work out: then there is this conspiratorial view that we didnt try hard enough and that it was simply user error! It's a lose, lose situation!
Maybe you could try to remember that being insensitive goes both ways. Or is it only your feelings that matter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluebo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Or we could keep going... if I offended you I apologize. That was a generalization. Now I'm done with this thread as I have said what I needed to say and I'm pretty sure everyone else has too. Thanks guys!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Or we could keep going... if I offended you I apologize. That was a generalization. Now I'm done with this thread as I have said what I needed to say and I'm pretty sure everyone else has too. Thanks guys!
And on that note, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.