kev's kitties!!!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Vicki looks completely content! How do she and Brandy get along?
When we bought her home, it was pouring with rain and I brought her into the dining room. I had put Brandy out for a while, I left her in the carrier for a few minutes to take in the air. I made a coffee, my wife and our son went into the lounge and I opened the door to the carrier. Then walked away. I let her find her own feet first. Within the next ten minutes all we heard was the thumps of her walking around the house, then she strolled into the lounge, jumped on my lap and meaowwed as if to say "yup - its good with me - now how about a fuss" and she never really changed.
Brandy came in a while later and naturally, there was some hostillity- however, we figured we would let them sort it out themselves and they spat at each other a bit, sang to each other even more and then just accepted each other and now they share our bed etc. They can often be found playing together or tearing round the house after each other... we just let them get on with it and they seem to have found each other most welcoming.

Sorry if I upset anyone with Vicki's story, however, out of most bad situations something good has to happen. The saying goes as god closes a window, he opens a door - the window closed on vicki's past and a huge door opened at my house - no 6.

Off to work soon - volunteered to work 6 hours overtime and its gonna be hot today - NOT FAIR ... and to make it worse tomorrow is vasectomy day - sniffff.

Have a great day my friends

Kev
remember - men dont snore - we purr loud

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kev, mate. You're a star for taking on poor Vicki. She sounds like a very, very special cat. Your story was touching and beautiful, and I'm so glad there was a happy end for this one cat - so many don't survive the brutality us humans can dish out.

Good luck with the snip tomorrow - I'm sure all will go fine .

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Kev,
that's a wonderful thing you did for vicki...she's one fortunate kitty.....and you are on angel
sent from above for vicki!!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vicki's stories brought tears to my eyes, I am so happy she found a good home. She certainly looks completely happy. She's a lucky girl, both of your cats are.