Kennel Size

catiebc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering if someone can recommend a kennel size for TK? He is 12 pounds and my current kennel only holds up to 10 pounds. No wonder why he hates going in there... He is also a struggle to put in too. 

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he is hard to load into a carrier, you would do best with a top loading carrier.  That way you can lift him off the bed and just lower him in.  It still has a front door, but you dont have to stuff him in it.  We use these all the time for rescue cats.  The Petmate2 is a good one, comes in several colors and several sizes.  he small is for up to 10 lbs. but the medium is for pets 15 to 20 lbs. and measures 24.05 x 16.76 x 14.5.  Here is one on Chewy.com which is a very good site to work with.  They have cat food, cat toys, and cat equipment.  You can surely find the Petmate2 elsewhere, too.

https://www.chewy.com/petmate-two-d...KQ5VDWz-KuqVNR7pUU8h0wK7C57E5p6upcaArSV8P8HAQ

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Placing a towel over the cat and covering their face so they can't see where they're going helps to load reluctant cats. They work their way out once in.

I don't think those 2 extra pounds will hurt anything, unless it's a snap close carrier. I witnessed a kitty have one of those things come apart on them mid-air. The poor cat was so terrified. He was very fat! If it's the kind with the screw shut, 2 extra pounds shouldn't cause it to fall apart.

Last edited: