Ken question?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If this attack is not from international sources but from our own shores- would the military intervene? I just keep thinking about the Oklahoma City Bombing and wondering if this might just be along those lines? I shudder to think that someone or some organization could have such blatant disregard for human life, whether domestic or abroad.........

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a tough one, and honestly, I don't know. I "think" that we would, although I don't know what we could do, I mean, one would think that we have a good handle on the our own groups within the states that would/might/could carry something like this out.

That kind of situation would not be good, no matter how you cut it. I think it would like that one movie that came out a while ago, I can't remember the name though.

Ken

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think one of the problems is that civilian aircraft are not generally monitored for being a potential threat. Even if it veered off course, if they weren't answering being hailed, we would tend to assume it was a technical problem, not something we should be sending fighter planes to deal with.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ken; Are you refering to the movie with Tim Robbins and Jeff Bridges? I can't think of what it was called, either, but it was down right frightening! I am sad to say it, but I do think that groups like the ones in that movie exhist and that they are smart enough and well financed enough to carry off something like this. I have to agree with Hissy that this type of internal terrorist group is scarier than International Terrorists because they operate right under our noses and, for the most part; go undetected and unprosecuted.