Keeping Up Appearances

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love that show! It's played here on sunday nights on a local channel right after Are you being served

Mrs. Slockum...with her colored hair Or the old owner...what's his name? The one with the nurses who are 3X younger than him....
Young Mr Grace

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

Does anyone watch that old comedy show? I love it so much and DVR it every week. I wish they would play them more often.

Anywho I nearly died laughing at last week's episode where Hyacinth says "If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People who think they're superior to everyone else. Makes things so much harder for those of us who actually are."

Those BBC sit-coms are my guilty pleasure that I watch while my boyfriend is not home. He seems to think they are only for old people.
I ADORE that show! My favorite epsisode title is: My Family in Broad Daylight!

My husband and I joke about Hyacinth and Richard--he watches the videos with me, and claims I am somewhat (!) like Mrs. Bucket...I especially like the Violet/Bruce phone calls!

MargeCat (The Lady of the House Speaking)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosey

I love that show! It's played here on sunday nights on a local channel right after Are you being served

Young Mr Grace
I read that, in the older episodes, they were too broke to buy her wigs, so they actually died Molly Sugden's hair those colors!

MargeCat

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

My Mother is Hiacthyn, my dad's name really is Richard
Her sister was married to an Onslow type for years, and I swear my mother cringed everytime she saw him.

Anyone want to come to a "Candlelight Supper"
Yes, thank you, and I will remember to remove my shoes before walking on your lacquered woodblock, and will remember not to rub up against your wallpaper...

I must go; the phone is ringing; it may be someone important 9such as Her Majesty)!

MargeCat

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to be a party pooper, but I can not stand that show.
I want to take "the Bucket Woman" and slap the crap out of her...she drives me insane

Thankfully our PBS station doesn't run it any more.
BUT, I LOVE Are you being Served?
"I'm Free"

My all time favorite is "Last of the Summer Wine".
For those of you who know what that is, I love Cleggy, but my favorite will always be Compo.
Last week they re-ran the three episodes that deal with Compo's death.
Even though I've seen them 6 or 7 times I was still in tears.