Keep them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Aww, if Calamity is a hard to home cat, it is wonderful that you are keeping her, and I do hope a good home can be found for Skye. There are always cats we would love to keep, but I think if they are the kind that could find a home, it is better to let them have that home, it gives us the time and space to help a more needy cat.
Calamity Im sure would never find a home with anyone else. She goes after anyone who comes into my house except for me, Ari and my neighbor Joe.
The first 2 weeks I had her all she did was growl and hiss. Even when she was asking for attention! She would be rubbing all over me growling and hissing. But she has everything going against her. Shes not friendly with people she doesnt know, shes mostly black, shes a big female and shes not young the vet estimated her at about 2. She would never of been adopted. But now shes mine and Ari's. We love her even if no one else does. Adult cats usually stay in our rescue at least 1 year usually closer to 3-4 years. So who knows how long I will have Skye. Probably a while.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit, Tiger stayed here cos she used to run when people came round, Sar saw her, but she was the only person for ages!! 10 months on, and she finally stays in the same room when people come round. It is so sad that adults stay so long in your rescue though, 14 months is the longest for us, and we have homed them in a matter of weeks.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
imo if they are just gonna try & foster her else where to nurse her out, I would keep her and just try your damndest to manage. Glad you were able to adopt clamity
!