*****KatKwiz! - March 18 - Experiment!*****

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

What about you other members? (It does not matter if you are premium or not.) Do you see a red thread title for the March 17 KatKwiz when looking from within The Cat Lounge?
Yes I do!!
But somebody tell me why I don't see it under "new posts!"
I've tried to find out why all day and all last night, and it's driving me crazy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am trying something today. Right now, this is a one time thing. But, who knows?

Part A. is for premium members only!

Part B. is for non-premium members only!

A.
Scroll down and look at the KatKwiz thread for yesterday.

I made the thread title appear different yesterday for the purpose of this quiz.
List each and every step that I performed to accomplish this. _____(one or more steps)_____.

(Thread title must be viewed in The Cat Lounge.)

B.
In what city was the cat breed pictured below first shown?__________.
Most of my answer will not make sense if you are not a premium member. If you look at my thread from yesterday (March 17), you should see that it is highlighted in red. Since most of you see that, I am going to assume that this is a given.

Looking closely at my thread title you should be able to see that it is italicized. In fact, for part of the day yesterday I had it just italicized and then I added the shadow effect (not glow). So there are two things I did after posting. First I added the italics and second the shadow effect and I specified red.

Begin by clicking on vbPlaza. Then click on Most Sold. Here you will find a list of Most Sold Items. If you are not a Premium member, you will only see 4 items here. Premium members will see a list of 26 things to buy!

To buy something, choose from the left side what you want. I chose item 23, Italic Thread Title, which cost me 700 points. Later in the day I chose item 25, Shadow Thread Title Color for 1050 points. I also got to choose a color.

Both of these purchases will go away in seven days.

If there was any doubt as to what purchases I made, look in the extreme right column, Item History, and it gives you a record of who has bought what. In my case, I was the first person in history to ever to have a shadow thread!

OK folks, I have shown you two things you can do when you become a Premium Member. There are twenty more...

Note: Here is some very enlightening information that Fran (rapunzel47) supplied in the poll that I am taking today that is directly related to today's KatKwiz:

Something else to keep in mind about the various thread features and other enhancements which can be bought: you'll see them all if you are using IE, but you won't necessarily see them in other browsers -- some features, yes, but not all -- so some of those features are lost on those of us who prefer other browsers. It obviously doesn't bother me enough to make me use IE, but you could be spending for an effect we won't all see. Just a thought.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Most of my answer will not make sense if you are not a premium member. If you look at my thread from yesterday (March 17), you should see that it is highlighted in red. Since most of you see that, I am going to assume that this is a given.

Looking closely at my thread title you should be able to see that it is italicized. In fact, for part of the day yesterday I had it just italicized and then I added the shadow effect (not glow). So there are two things I did after posting. First I added the italics and second the shadow effect and I specified red.

Begin by clicking on vbPlaza. Then click on Most Sold. Here you will find a list of Most Sold Items. If you are not a Premium member, you will only see 4 items here. Premium members will see a list of 26 things to buy!

To buy something, choose from the left side what you want. I chose item 23, Italic Thread Title, which cost me 700 points. Later in the day I chose item 25, Shadow Thread Title Color for 1050 points. I also got to choose a color.

Both of these purchases will go away in seven days.

If there was any doubt as to what purchases I made, look in the extreme right column, Item History, and it gives you a record of who has bought what. In my case, I was the first person in history to ever to have a shadow thread!

OK folks, I have shown you two things you can do when you become a Premium Member. There are twenty more...

Note: Here is some very enlightening information that Fran (rapunzel47) supplied in the poll that I am taking today that is directly related to today's KatKwiz:

Something else to keep in mind about the various thread features and other enhancements which can be bought: you'll see them all if you are using IE, but you won't necessarily see them in other browsers -- some features, yes, but not all -- so some of those features are lost on those of us who prefer other browsers. It obviously doesn't bother me enough to make me use IE, but you could be spending for an effect we won't all see. Just a thought.
Just a suggestion, but why not post the questions for "Premium Members" in their lounge, rather than here, since their User CP is a bit different?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Just a suggestion, but why not post the questions for "Premium Members" in their lounge, rather than here, since their User CP is a bit different?
Yep, I'll do that too! There will be many different experiments in the future, all with the intent of steadily improving KatKwiz, based on the results. Since we did not have a premium member winner today, perhaps a once a week KatKwiz for just premium members (in the PL). I don't know - the cats are always coming up with new things.

Oh, the reason this was put in The Cat Lounge and not PL was to whet the appetite of our non-premium members to sign up and become one of us!

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oh, the reason this was put in The Cat Lounge and not PL was to whet the appetite of our non-premium members to sign up and become one of us!
Very smart from a marketing perspective! Well done!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd still like to know why the colored threads aren't viewable under the "new posts" posts!! Pweeeese tell me?? Purty pweeese??

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I'd still like to know why the colored threads aren't viewable under the "new posts" posts!! Pweeeese tell me?? Purty pweeese??
Well, I don't know. But this thread is seen by several Moderators each day and we always get an answer to things like this. If there is not an answer by in the morning I will pm Ryan (hydroaxe) because in KatKwiz history there has never been a question left unanswered!
(I'm here to learn, too.)