*****KatKwiz! - April 16 - Persi's birthday!*****

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Do you know when your cat(s) birthday is/are? Do you do something special for your cats on their birthday? Do you give them special food? Do you buy them presents? Do you even have a party for them?
Persi is the only cat I have ever had that I knew his birthday. For the others I have made up a birthday for them. I treat them extra special on that day. And if they like it, (Alley does not, but Persi does), I give them cake and ice cream. Yes, I got Persi some new toys for his birthday, partly for his birthday, and also because we are moving into a hotel (now for 12 days). He has to share his toys with Alley though. Yes, we will have a party tonight for Persi, his aunt is coming over (DW's sister).

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you know when your cat(s) birthday is/are? Do you do something special for your cats on their birthday? Do you give them special food? Do you buy them presents? Do you even have a party for them?
[/color]
I know when Snickers birthday is but Jazz and Oreo where both adopted so we just celebrate their "gotcha day". We always try to celebrate the cats birthday. We get them a present and a little treat. Usually their cake is tuna
We treat them extra special and make sure they know they are loved. We have a party with family for them but have not invited friends. I guess we are really the only cat crazy family that we know of here. We decorate for it. Have not tried putting candles on the tuna and making them blow them out though.
We sing Happy Birthday to them though they look at us strange.
BTW, happy birthday to Persi!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly when Smudge's birthday is, because it was posted on TCS when he was born!
For Tigger and Nadette we celebrate their Gotcha day, I "assigned" Elsa July 31 as her birthday because it was the same as JK Rowling & Harry Potter
and Clyde - I'm going to have to choose a birthday for him. They get special stuff every day of the year, so we don't have parties or treats so much, but when I was little, I baked my cat a cake with an easy bake oven for his birthday!!!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday Persi!!1

[/color]

[/color]
When I got my girls in January, I asked the woman I got them from when they were born. She told me the night of Dec 1-2, so we will be celebrating their first birthday on Dec 1st.

My girls are growing so fast! I need to upload the recent pics from my camera. Dusty's colors are really emerging. I still can't believe the lady I got them from said she was ugly. She is really beautiful! So is her sister, Rusty, my little red girl.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday Persi! I hope you get lots of extra treats and scratches!

We dont know Willow's birthday as she is a pound-kitty, so her birth date is made-up of a combination of her adoption date and guesstimated birth year from the vet. Of course we know Roly's birthday as he was one of her BOGO kitties. And now that I think of it, when we changed his name from Wilbur, I should've thought of BOGO (buy one get one
) For those of you that dont know the story, We adopted Willow from the pound when she was 5 weeks pregnant, only we didnt know she was pregnant until after we had her about 2 weeks. SURPRISE!

Anyway, Roly's birthday is not only etched in our hearts, but well documented on TCS.

We also know Squeaker's birthday because we fostered her mom from the shelter and Squeak was one of her kiddies!

And of course we dont know Twix's (our current foster who we will be adopting) birthday. I havent decided if I want to assign her special day by the day we brought her home, the day she had her kittens, or the day we actually adopt her....

Of course I cant leave out Chewbacca - the 100-lb dog who thinks he's a lap cat. We dont know his exact birth date, but we rescued him when he was approximately 6 weeks old, so we counted back that many weeks and his birthday is the last day of February!

They all get extra special treatment on their days! My youngest daughter wouldnt let me forget a day even if I tried! They always get new toys or cat grass or treats. Kenni will actually give Chewy his own cake, but for some reason the cats dont go for cake -

They do like ice cream, though ice cream doesnt like them! The sons love ice cream and cake and will look for any excuse to have a party, so they are always asking Kenni when the next celebration is!

So I know two birthdays and made up the others. Either way, they are kings/queens for a day when it rolls around and yes, we've sang to ours too!