KatKwiz #51 - What day is it today?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I of course believe I have the correct answer but whenever there is some doubt cast I will always confirm the answer before awarding the points. I could do no less. There is definately some conflicting information posted on The Cat Site that has been called to my attention and it will be cleared up. There is a correct answer, it will be clarified, and if we have a winner the proper points will be awarded. If there is no winner, the correct answer will be given. The end result is that important information will be learned and that is what KatKwiz is all about. I would be very negligent if there was some doubt cast on a question and I did NOT confirm it.
I also noticed the conflicting information. I always stick to under 30k.
Heck we all learned something today.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes there certainly is... the info I found says less than 33k.. that is 33,000bytes correct?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting mixed reactions to whether my logo is a siggy, uploaded attachment (which I thought it was) or something else. I am still waiting for the final judge. If it is a siggy then we will still have the 30K and 33K conflict). But it is not a siggy. If it is an uploaded attachment the answer would have been 21,110.

I just received this from our forums administrator:

Photobucket isn't a requirement, I just said that because it's what I use It seems to me that your image is linked back to your website, meaning it's not an attachment. This explains an attachment. With it being remote linked, the general rule is to keep it under 33K. Hope this has helped in clarifying!

Here is what I asked Ryan (he was the last to edit this):

Top Cat
  • 1200 posts and 150 days in membership
  • 50 stored PMs
  • 119 total avatars to choose from
  • Ability to upload custom avatar
  • 120 Kb in uploaded attachments
  • Ability to create custom usertitle
  • Posting access to IMO, if over 18.
The logo that I am using on my KatKwiz question today (Newbie Day) is an uploaded attachment, is it not?
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129924

This will be sorted out as soon as I hear from Ryan. It looks like the award will go to the first person to mention 33K but I know there is a conflict here. More later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxie225

A picture or image in a post has to be less than 33Kb in size (33,000 bytes)... So if that is 98,890 bytes it actually has to be smaller by 65,890 bytes... that doesn't seem right... just going by what I found though...
Well, thanks to everybody for setting me straight. Although I do not feel straight on the 30K/33K thing. But, as mentioned earlier, I know you can find 30K here and there, but like all the other information I have gleaned today, I am going to have to go with the 33Kb furnished by our forums administrator. I am sorry to those others of you that found other information but I am already sorry I got up this morning. Which is my way of finally getting around to tell you that you are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day.
And you are a real newbie! Not only do you win 750 points but you have won a place in the Hall of Fame.
And you just missed first place by five posts!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I of course believe I have the correct answer but whenever there is some doubt cast I will always confirm the answer before awarding the points. I could do no less. There is definately some conflicting information posted on The Cat Site that has been called to my attention and it will be cleared up.
Since I've been asked about this, I guess I have to clarify that nobody has been right. The answer to the original question would be: "No limit in bytes."

There are areas where additional details exist about images, but there is no conflicting information about it. The limit for uploaded attachments is under 33kb. This is for uploaded picture attachments only. Attachments are not the same thing as a link or an embedded image.