KatKwiz 2008 Poll - What is fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for newer members only.

If it is open to all, I think we should wait about 24 hrs, then allow the more veteran members to play. Five or six hours doesn't really give newer people in all time zones a chance.

As for what veteran members do with points? Donate or buy gifts for new people

Edit: I also like the idea of veteran members creating quizzes on their own, rather like EnzoLeya has done with the Horse quiz. The purpose of the KatKwiz is to learn about the site. We can all watch and learn. How about a bug quiz?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think all the "rich" members should just donate some of their points to us poor folks. After all, ya can't take it w/ ya when you die..

Seriously, I think I agree w/ what JCat & Clixpix said..

~KK~

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I think all members because if were to exclude people from posting in any other thread it would be cliquey and wrong IMO
You wouldn't be banned from posting in the thread, you just wouldn't be able to answer the question for a few hours. That's hardly cliquey and wrong.

I didn't realize you all were so desperate for points and entertainment.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally,I think it should be for the newer members. All of us oldtimers can play in the background if we want to learn something new! I mean...the game is to win points....and the new members don't have them! If no one can answer, they can be given clues after a few hours, like before!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

Personally,I think it should be for the newer members. All of us oldtimers can play in the background if we want to learn something new! I mean...the game is to win points....and the new members don't have them! If no one can answer, they can be given clues after a few hours, like before!
you said that so well

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

If us old timers really really need to join in you could always make a KatKwiz that is really hard and the prize is 50 points

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

If us old timers really really need to join in you could always make a KatKwiz that is really hard and the prize is 50 points
Yeah, if you get the question right, you have to donate 100 points to a member you've never had contact with!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

To be fair, how about only newer members can post during the first few hours? If at that point you do not have have a correct response or any responses then the quiz is open to all members?
The poll is not over but I think this is where we are headed. It addresses everything that all those that have followed you have mentioned. Whichever way you voted, this would address both. We used to have special newbie days, but this way, every day would be a newbie day AND a day for the oldtimers for harder questions that went unanswered by our newer members. And by varying the complexity of the question, all could have fair chances. Any further input will also be submitted to the KatKwiz cats and the rules finalized on Monday. It's their decision!

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there should be two levels of the quiz - the easier questions for the newer members and the harder questions for the older members (the ones who have been here longer)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

To be fair, how about only newer members can post during the first few hours? If at that point you do not have have a correct response or any responses then the quiz is open to all members?
Originally Posted by xocats

I didn't even know that there was a KatKwiz.
Would you post a link to it please.
There is a link in my siggy although it looks like the basic rules are going to change to allow only newer members a shot at it first and then open to everybody. The polls are still open for further refinement. I am going to go back through earlier KatKwiz contests today and see what the average time to get an answer was and how many of those were below 1200 posts. Thanks to everybody that participated or will participate. The new rules will be posted tomorrow. Some of you have mentioned alternating days and we have already tried that. (It did not work well.) I do believe what many of you have mentioned is the solution; open for a while to only newer members and then open to everybody. This seems to cover all the bases. However; the cats remain sequestered until they make their final decision.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

However; the cats remain sequestered until they make their final decision.
While the furry jury is sequestered, is food from a fine restaurant being catered to them?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

While the furry jury is sequestered, is food from a fine restaurant being catered to them?
They're probably demanding goose liver patÃ[emoji]169[/emoji], oysters, and lobster.

I still like the time limit compromise the best. Give the newer members the first shot, and then open the contest to all members if no correct answer has been given after x number of hours. That will keep things fairly simple.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it should be for all members. Some people have been here for a long time but just don't post that often. I have been here since August 2005 but have just under 1000 posts. The only time I post, is when I have something to say. I don't post to just be posting.

of course I probably will make a special post when I hit 1000. I only need 4 more posts... LOL

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I think it should be for all members. Some people have been here for a long time but just don't post that often. I have been here since August 2005 but have just under 1000 posts. The only time I post, is when I have something to say. I don't post to just be posting.

of course I probably will make a special post when I hit 1000. I only need 4 more posts... LOL
Umm, that post is your 1,000th, so you only have 200 more to go before you no longer qualify as a "newcomer"!

Status
Not open for further replies.