Just Wanting to Brag A Little

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's small accomplishments every day with Turtle. Last night was a big one. She was asleep on her recliner when I turned off the TV and headed to bed. Before I could even get to the bedroom door, bam, there she was, sitting on my pillow looking t me. She waited until I got comfy and then, finally, she took her position curled up against my chest!! This is a FIRST! She stayed with me most of the night. I could reach out and touch her little body and feel her purring. She acted like she had been sleeping next to me like this her whole life.
And one thing that is just as sweet as that is, right now, as I type this, she is curled up on my lap!! Oh Happy Happy Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh bless her heart! I'm so happy for both of you. That's just the most wonderful thing I've heard this morning!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is SO sweet! There is nothing better than curling up in bed with a purring kitty. I knew Turtle would come around!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it funny how, sometimes, it seems like there is a switch that gets thrown, and they're suddenly cuddly?

I have always wondered if some touch re-awakens an old, pleasant experience.

I have seen shelter cats go from "touch-me-nots" to lap cuddlers in one day.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew it would just take a little time before Turtle decided she could open up and show her affection. I'm so glad to hear it!!
What a sweetheart.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You let her decide at her own pace, and she tested the waters not long ago, and now after some thought, she's decided that cuddling with her Meowmy is a good thing!!

Through your love and patience, she has come to trust you.

Yay for Turtle and for you!!!