Just to introduce myself and my Zoe

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome!! She is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy the boards. . . . there is much information to be obtained here.

Valerie

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Sabina introduces herself properly...with a pawshake...
OMG! Look at that photo....she is a rock star! Now, here is where I show my ignorance...is she a Ragmuffin? And what is the difference between a Ragmufin and a Ragdoll? (Cosmo wants to know!)

Sorry for the hijack!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you from Zoe!

I feel the same way about thinking they're all so beautiful...but they ARE!

I'm not real sure about all the particular differences in ragamuffins and ragdolls
inbandcat....but I THINK ragamuffins are cross bred with ragdolls and other cats for different color coats and eyes, whereas ragdolls are bred only to ragdolls and have certain coat colors and all have blue eyes. I believe I read the ragamuffins have the same sweet characteristics.

Here are some picture links I googled so you can see how similar they look but in different colors. I love the calicos!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RaggieKitty

Thanks to all of you from Zoe!

I feel the same way about thinking they're all so beautiful...but they ARE!

I'm not real sure about all the particular differences in ragamuffins and ragdolls
inbandcat....but I THINK ragamuffins are cross bred with ragdolls and other cats for different color coats and eyes, whereas ragdolls are bred only to ragdolls and have certain coat colors and all have blue eyes. I believe I read the ragamuffins have the same sweet characteristics.

Here are some picture links I googled so you can see how similar they look but in different colors. I love the calicos!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
Beautiful pictures! Sabina's breeder is actually on that page...I recognized the picture...it's towards the middle, it's the one with the kitten laying flat on his back in her hand.

You're right, 'Muffins have some accepted outcrosses (for now), although it may only be ragdolls at this point (I know they used to accept persians, but I believe that ended last year). I think they can no longer outcross after 2010. And you are also right about the temperment, they share the same laid back personality.
You're also right about the coloring. Ragdolls are pointed cats, whereas 'Muffins come in many colors (although I personally prefer the pointed and the mink).

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

Thanks for sharing Zoes photos, she is a beauty! Her eyes are so pretty too

Best Wishes to all of you! Have fun on the forums!