just sitting here and cat bit me for no reason???

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a word to the wise: be careful in telling the vet that she bit you. This could mean trouble for her and for you. I'd keep that to myself and discuss it with a behaviorist when you do have the money, which I'd make a top priority right now if possible. When I told Tomo's doctor that he bit me, he was aghast and said, "We have to report that". Thankfully for us, I told him after Tomo had already gone over the Bridge -- he had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. But I would NEVER place my cat in danger!!! and so, I would not tell the vet if I was you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

widexawake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok thank you for warning me I didn't really think of that....I would never want anything to happen to Shadow. I would make the behaviorist a priority but I still live with my mother and both her and I are low on cash and she doesn't even believe in the whole thing...I do and am trying to talk her into it but its a hard buy

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELL, maybe someone on TCS has some leads for URL's you could visit that deal with behavioral issues.
OR, I happen to know of a wonderful feline behaviorist who's written at least two books on the subject: she is Pam Johnson-Bennett and the book I have of hers is CAT vs. CAT: Keeping Peace When You Have More Than One Cat
(2004, Penguin Books, ISBN#0-14-300475-8, available through Amazon.com and "all the usual places") Perhaps you can locate a book, by her or another behaviorist, at Amazon.com or a local bookshop, that will be reasonable and that will address your issue in a creative, positive, and successful way.
Short of buying full body armor, that is!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol my grandmother had a siamese that would do that all the time. . . she called them love nips- it translates directly into "I am bored, pay attention to me now. . . "

widexawake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah my old cat Timbit did love nips all the time and Shadow's bites were no love nips...I have teeth marks in me still.
Thank you I will look for up some books. That would probably help alot...I have looked all over the web and they always refer me to books so might as well go and buy them now. I have a Chapters right around the corner from my house I can run over to in the next few days.

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck in your search for answers... I hope for your sake and her's it's just a bad mood

widexawake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you

I actually think it is now...I was in the washroom and she walked in and wanted to be petted and was purring and and gave me a kiss so I think that was her apologizing.
But still need to find books on the problem with her and the dog.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're funny aren't they? That kind of thing is what I love most about cats. Sashka used to bite me at any random time she felt like she needed to remind me that she was a cranky baby and could bite me if she wished! And that I'd still love her...of course...

widexawake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yeah I'll always love my Shadow no matter what she does. I'll love all my babies for ever