Just set up my new Breeze

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by courtney_ou

i started to buy 2 breezes when i moved and i am so glad i didnt. they dont seem too popular with the kitties.

i have to wonder if tidy cat even tried these things out with kitties before they put them on shelves
They did have test subjects before marketing it.

My cats love the breeze system. And so do I! I love not having urine smell in the apartment anymore!
There are other threads here with other people that have had good response from it as well. MeowMeow is the first person I've seen that their cats haven't used it at all.

Enuja: I don't think she would have less clumping with more pellets mixed in with her litter. The pellets are designed to repell the urine so they don't absorb any of the urine. The urine kind of rolls off the pellets and down onto the urine pads.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm basing that assumption off what happened when I mixed yesterday's news with a clay clumping litter. As my box contained more pellets and less clay clumping litter, the clay clumps stopped being one solid piece, and instead fractured as I picked them up. Neither yesterdays news nor the breeze pellets clump, so I assume the same pattern will happen with both of them when you mix them with clumping litter; the clumping litter won't work as well. The pellets will simply get in the way and therefore keep the clumping clay litter from forming one solid, easy to scoop urine clump. It probably won't happen until the mix is about half pellets.

empath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by webcarpenter99

Does anyone have a creative idea for using something else as the pad?
Sprinkle a thin layer of Feline Pine in the pad tray in place of the pad. The pine pellets will break down into sawdust when the urine wets them. You can reverse the tray in a few days, and discard the sawdust after about a week or so. A bag of Feline Pine will provide a lot of absorption for a lot less expense than the pads.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the Breeze litterbox! I like it much more than the Littermaid we had been using for a long time and way way more than any of the regular boxes/litters I've tried!
My cat Sneakers urinates a lot (no medical cause) so even with the Littermaid I had to clean the box constantly because it would clog the rake... Because the Breeze filters the urine out I don't have that problem anymore, although I do have to change the pad thing more than the box suggests. Sneakers is very picky and if her box is not up to her standards of clean she will use the wood floor near it instead and the floor is stained now despite my trying to keep it as clean as possible and my trying to protect the floor by covering it (the urine manages to get through somehow!) Since I got the Breeze box she's been much better about using the box more often. It also is a lot less smelly!

I also really like that there is no more tracking, I had a lot of problems with that with Sneakers as well and it is just icky to see white litter footprints leading away from the litterbox all the time! I have a table near the box with large "feet" and I was always having to wipe it down before because there would be litter prints all over it...

I didn't have any problem getting my cats to use the Breeze, but then again I often changed litter suddenly on them because I was trying to find something that worked for Sneakers so they are comfortable with having different things in their box. At first when I set it out the Maine Coon kitten was lying in the box but as soon as one of the cats used it they all got the idea.

lisakap

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't even have to transition my newly adopted 5 month old kitten. As soon as she arrived at my house for the first time, I showed her the Breeze box before all else (she had regular litter at her foster home). That was a month ago and she has no problems using the Breeze since!

For those of you that are adopting a new cat and currently have no other cats, I would recommend starting your cat on the Breeze. No smell, easy disposal, no tracking--it truly takes away the things that made me think twice about getting a cat in the first place!