Just saved a dumped kitten

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Shadow has been with us for about a month now and is well and truly part of the family. She will be going to be spayed in another few weeks and apart from being riddled with worms when we got her, there has been no hitches at all. View media item 411711View media item 411712View media item 411714I have still had no allergic reaction to her, which is amzing cause I am usually really allergic to cats.
She is just amazing and we love her xx
She's absolutely beautiful! I bet you're grateful for having met her every day.

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just saw this post. What a sweet kitten. I agree. Sounds like you're doing a good job. As for using the litter box, I didn't have to teach my cats how to use a litter box either. The minute I put the boxes out for them, and put in the litter, they immediately started using their boxes. I thought that was really cool! Sounds like Shadow is really adjusting to her new home. That's good that you're getting her spayed. This woman at a spay and neuter place said they can have kittens at 4 to 5 months old and older. I think that's equal to someone who is 4 years old. That's really young. But according to an article I found, female cats can have kittens at an early age. So that's good that you're getting her spayed.
We had our two boys neutered when they were about 4 or 5 months old. That was funny. We didn't know if they were male or females until we had them neutered. LOL They say it's hard to tell their sex when they are young. So it had been a long time since we had cats. But glad we had them neutered. They are easier to handle and will live longer too. Good luck on your kitten. Glad you found her. As for bathing my cats, I just bathe them once a year. They don't get out much, and get very dirty. So once a year is OK for mine. I brush them too. So that helps. I give mine Advantage Multi. It covers a lot of bases. They've been using that since they were kittens. They go by weight for the medicine. According to this chart I found, it says for 5-9 pounds you use the orange tube, and for 9-18 pounds you use the purple tube. It's a once a month thing. Hope that helps.

Again Congratulations on your new kitten. She definitely found a good and loving home.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful story! And you've done everything perfectly, including waiting until she's gotten stronger and healthier to get her spayed (weak and malnourished cats are sometimes unable to handle the anesthesia and spay surgery). This Kitty knows you rescued her and will love you in a special way her whole life :)