just rescued a pregnant cat..

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just rescued a pregnant cat from going to the pound yesterday, but the lady we got her from had no idea how far along she is or anything. She is pretty freaked out from the transition and likes to hide behind the couch and I just put a box back there with a old towel and paper towels also, she hasn't laid in it. She has ventured out from behind the couch for a bit today to lay under the coffee table and to eat/use litter box but is kinda grumpy to our lab and other cat aka won't let them get near her. I have no idea how to tell how far along she is. But I know I am impatient for the kitties! :clap:

Here's a pic of her.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is beautiful. Hope all goes well with the pregnancy and delivery. Others who have experience with pregnant cats will chime in here to help you. Welcome to The Cat Site.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site, and bless you for saving that poor little mama, I can't imagine what she would be going through at the shelter. She is a beautiful cat, I wish you all the best!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
she will surely adjust to your place, when she realises it it safe and nice there, and you are friendly to her.

Even semiferales do land.

As she IS going out and changing her place, shows she is on way.

They usually dont use their nest before in the last moment, they dont want their birthing nest to become smelly too early.  this is for the kittens to have, not to be used beforehand.

but my advice is for now, you dont let your friendly dog and resident cats be in the same room as her.

It is not only the possible need for quarantine.   But in this moment, she doesnt need the stress.

a lttle later on perhaps, if you notice she wants to meet them, and they are friendly -  perhaps.  Not now.

Continue to report and ask!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update on momma kitty.
She has started to come to me when I call her as long as our other animals arnt around and as long as no other person is around also. She's not too keen on my husband which makes me think she only likes woman. I was just rubbing her and telling her how good of a kitty she is when she laid down and I saw a baby move in her belly! I felt them move yesterday but didn't actually see them move. It was pretty cool.:crazy:

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I forgot, she also had some loose stools earlier, and hasn't ate very much today. We moved her into our bedroom and when I looked in her box there was some blood spots on the paper towels. So I think it will be soon. Very soon:wait:

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My momma cat keeps peeing in her nesting box. I'll clean it and everything then shell go pee in it again. She still goes in the litter box so idk why she is doing this.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps just to literally "pee in" her place...

Not  common behavior in nesting, but not unheard of in other cat situations...     :)

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So she's marking her territory basically?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So she's marking her territory basically?
Yes, I hope so it is.

Try and not change her sheets after her pee, so you will see if she pees more - may be problems

or not = marking territory.

Last edited:

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She hasn't peed in it again. So I think she is just marking her territory.

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's starting to get her milk! Woohoo! So excited!

55kitty555

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kittens are on the way! So far she has had 3 but the first one was stillborn :( but the other two seem to be ok. Not sure how many she has left, but judging from her belly I'd say at least one more. Will post pics after she is done.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh so sweet!

Well done Mama Cat. Keep us updated on their progress. I hope everything goes well from now on.