Just realized that our wedding is set for the Ides of March. Should we change dates??

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay so I swear I TOTALLY picked leave it but the computer says otherwise!

I say, what the heck! You should definately play it up

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had heard of the Ides of March, but had forgotten what it meant until you posted this. I say keed it. Maybe even put a little note in the program (if you're having it) explaining the Ides of March, especially if you having things at the reception to reference it.

snickers80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to let you all know (4 years of studying latin and roman history here):

The Ides of any month are considered to be the luckiest of the month. Usually they are on the 15th of every month, but in some months the Ides fall on the 13th. Saying "the Ides of March" therefore in Latin, is just saying "March 15th). There are also the Kalends (1st of every month), and the nones (5th or 7th of the month).

The reason why Caesar got stabbed on the Ides was because even though he was warned, he decided to go to the Senate anyway because he figured the fortune teller was just bluffing.....because that's how lucky the Ides are.

Today the Ides represent "doom" because of stupid Shakespeare and his Julius Caesar play.....but don't pay any attention to that. Just think about how lucky you are to be getting married on the luckiest day of the year!

I can't remember why it's so lucky, and I've been searching for it....and I know for a fact that the Ides are lucky...and I'm 99% sure that the Ides fo March are even luckier....maybe because it's the 3rd month?

ETA: That's why Friday the 13th is such a big deal. Because it's like "this day is soooo lucky....unless it's on a Friday"....if that made any sense!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO if you are basing your marriage on a "date" of the year, then you shouldn't be marrying

Its the two people involved in the marriage the makes it work or not. Just be sure this is the person you want to grow old with and be happy doing so

BTW DH and I were married on Valentine's Day
so he can't forget the date....