Just noticed this... re cat names

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like human names for mine and sort of have a religious theme going. Gracie is named for a definition of the word grace that I saw in a book - "the gift of God's love for us." Peter and Claire are named for a couple of my favorite saints. Poor Katie got her name before I became a nun.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I had a cat that we originally named Short Stack, before changing his name to Thor, so I had a Waffle and a Short Stack.
I love those names! Short Stack and Waffle!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leo and Lola just sound nice together.

If the one-eyed kitten at the shelter doesn't stop tempting me RIGHT NOW, then I'm thinking we'll also have a Lily.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phenom was the newest edition to our go kart collection so we thought it would be fitting to name the newest edition to our family Phenom. Plus the go Kart is fast and so is the kitty!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

ok this is off topic but I love your new siggy!!!!
and salem agrees as hes standing in front of the monitor pawing at it lol
Aww thank you to you and Salem! All thanks MUST go to Cagnes!

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
names....

Isis.... Goddess
Salem.... somewhat Pagan
Ailey.....Irish

I grew up watching Sabrina the teenage witch and so I could not have a black male cat and not name him Salem lol

She is so regal holds her self like a goddess would. shes the smallest but that doesn't stop her from getting her way her name is Isis.

My bringer of "Light" my little Irish Ailey whose coat feels like rabbit fur and whos purr can lull even the fussiest baby to sleep.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley...his name just says it all for him, he's just a little fireball, all over the place and just wild! He tears around the apartment just like a real Harley Davidson would!!

When we get a second kitten, we will name him Davidson so we have Harley Davidson!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have an Oscar (named after the Grouch) because he IS one!
Fits perfectly and we say that to this day

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My parents have a polydactal (hemmingway) cat that we named tigger because when he was a kitten he was bouncing of the walls. now that he is five years old garfield would be more fitting of a 9 pound ball of orange fur he is.

They also have a dog that we named scarlett (the golden retrivers always have southern names). some neighbor dogs had it in for her and now she has a small scar above her right eye, so the name fits. In retrospect we should have named her odie because as sweet as she is, she is dumb as a brick.

CJ was named perry at the shelter. It didnt fit him in anyway so I started thinking of a new name. for some reason i stuck on cj even though it is just initals no name that they came from. I joke around with it sometimes and try to come up with something, but it always ends up being just cj.

Gabby was named here on TCs because she talks to much. But I like that.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My current names don't have a theme, but Garfield did have a brother named Odie, who was almost identical. He died young of distemper.

And Festus' Momma was Miss Kitty, and the other kittens were Sam, Doc, and Marshall Dillon aka Mattie. I love the Gunsmoke show! Once we decided to keep Festus rather than adopt her out, it was too late to change to a more feminine name.

Sugartoes' babies were named Hershey Kiss, Zero, Smartie, Twinkie, and B.B., my little candy kittens!

We had dogs named Logan and Storm, from the x-men.

We have ferals named Captain Feathersword and Jeff from some kids show, maybe the Wiggles.

stephenm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Buffy, Kendra, Robin and Caleb are named for characters from 'buffy', Tinga is also named for a tv character. Cadbury, Blue and Thomas were already named and pretty much suit their names so we didn't change them. Latest arrival is Cody the dog, not sure where we got her name !

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i found Pixel's name in The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, & thought it was a cute name. i decided to name my next cat that. then when i got the pair of kittens, i wanted to name them 'pair' names. i thought about Flower for Pixel [after the skunk in Bambi], & Rain for Mouse, but then i remembered the name 'Pixel', so i had to find a companion name for it. Mouse was blue-grey, so sorta mouse-colored. then as i've added cats, i've had to come up with new computer names for them. i may switch over to music if i run out, altho i've already got 2 more computer names when & if i get another cat.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a nature theme:

Usva (mist)
Tilli (dill)
Timotei (timothy hay)

Milla was supposed to be called Ruska (autumn leafs), but she was already named by the foster family's daughter, and I didn't want to confuse her.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went and picked out Marlee at the shelter, she wasn't named (didn't even have an ID card b/c the shelter was so crowded). It took me a few days to find a name that fit her, and fit in with the M's already present in extended family. (I have a dog Maggie who has to live with my parents til I get a place that allows dogs, there is our beautiful blue/grey cat Meeko who is my parents, and my longtime BF's kitten named Mick). I had typed up and printed a list of just about every M name I could think of or find on the internet. I got it down to Marlee, Mystic, Magic, and a few more, but Marlee just fit! So it stuck!