Just need to vent :/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Hehe, I think you ought to be prepared to share your bed with the kitties.. I don't think they're necessarily going to see it your way 'bout the bed on the floor..
I'll be so paranoid about rolling on top of them in our sleep when they're still little. I'm always prepared to share a bed with kitties
One of my cats used to sleep with me every night, for 10 years. The bed was VERY lonely when he crossed the RB

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand your frustration. But I am one of the few people who say, stay there while you can. My parents are a lot like his parents (well with my sister anyway). They want to try to help and give you a leg up in life. They don't want you to start with a massive debt.

About the wedding situation. Of course it is your wedding and you should decide what you want. I would suggest taliking over how you are feeling with your fiance. Then find a specific job for you future MIL to do for the wedding. But 1st sit her down and explain how you want your wedding and why you want it like that. The big thisg is to keep her informed - it will help make her feel included. If this is her 1st child getting married, and they were as close as you say, then she will want to feel like she is a part of everything.

Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I can understand your frustration. But I am one of the few people who say, stay there while you can. My parents are a lot like his parents (well with my sister anyway). They want to try to help and give you a leg up in life. They don't want you to start with a massive debt.

About the wedding situation. Of course it is your wedding and you should decide what you want. I would suggest taliking over how you are feeling with your fiance. Then find a specific job for you future MIL to do for the wedding. But 1st sit her down and explain how you want your wedding and why you want it like that. The big thisg is to keep her informed - it will help make her feel included. If this is her 1st child getting married, and they were as close as you say, then she will want to feel like she is a part of everything.

Good luck.

Yes, this is her first (and oldest) child to be getting married - she's even said "This is our first wedding, it has to be big!!!"

The fiance & I both hugely disagree with her on it needing to be a big thing. We're both pretty easy to please with simple things and dont want to have something huge. I've made that part known, although sometimes I think it passes right on through and out again! His mom is involved with the cake (his grandmother will be making it), and she is also organizing the photographer (one of her friends). I think there was something else she is doing, but there's so much going on at the moment I've forgotten!

I also hear what you're saying on staying as long as we can. Some days it just drives me crazy though. I've lasted 2 years so far! I know they want what is best, and my parents think its a sweet setup, but they also dont have to live it. We looked at some pieces of land yesterday, and are waiting to hear back from our realtor friend with responses to the questions we wanted her to ask the sellers. It would make me happy just KNOWING that we are getting somewhere!