Just lost our baby boy Lyric

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Jen:

Gosh, weekends are my worst time, too! Whew! And I am so glad, too -- you meet the best people when you love cats, I've always found...People say dogs are social animals and that having dogs in one's life is a sure social magnet. I find that to be true in terms of cats, myself. My BEST friends are cat people. And no matter what else goes on in a day, I know that at the end of that day, I will be able to be in Paradise -- cuddling with my beloved cats.
Names? Funny you should ask. Another member was also wondering about that. Well, I've always found that cats name themselves -- it could be about a physical attribute, a purrsonality trait, even a current event or a famous purrsonage, but if one is patient, a cat will always let the person know. Don't you agree? My Sun, for instance, was named after the very famous Nigerian king and bandleader, King Sunny Ade -- because I was working for his record company at the time The Sun came into my life, and because they had the same sweet facial expression! Yes, really! Tara translates to "star" in Hindi, and she certainly always was, and will always be, my little star. Talker, omigosh! is a Black Siamese, and if you've been around Siamese, you know that, more than anything else, they love to TALK. When he first came to me, he was L.B.T.C. (Little Black Talking Cat), but he soon progressed to being B.B.T.C. (Big Black Talking Cat) and, since that's a mouthful, "Talker" seemed fitting. Nicolas T. Cat is named after Nicolas Reyes, the famous Roma singer/guitarist/songwriter and one of The Gipsy Kings (the "T" in his name stands for "The", "Thriller", or "Triller" as is certainly THE cat, and he is thrilling, and he trills!). Rani translates to "Princess" in Hindi, and is she ever! Calo translates to "Black" in Roma, and being an ebony panther-in-miniature, he's, well, CALO! Samuda is a Thai form of an Arabic name, and "my" Samuda is named after my late mom's late, great, oh-so-famous Seal Point Siamese guy whom I never, sadly, met, but heard lots about and still have photos of. He came from a long line of illustrious "purebred" meezers (this was long before she became conscious to the tragedy of feline overpopulation and opted to adopt homeless cats! instead of "breeder" cats.) whose lineage is still, to my knowledge, going strong. Tarifa translates to "Precious Treasure" in Arabic, and she certainly IS that. And so on...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyricslegacy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for all your words! I regret that I can't reply to each and everyones well wishes...but I SINCERELY appreciate each and every one! You are all beautifully-spirited people. Thank you for everything!!!

Jen

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Heart goes out to you, all of us here at TCS know what it's like, I alway's say I know what it feels like but I don't know how you are feeling, everyone is different. I know that when you are ready the pain will ease, My Heart just brakes when I read these posts. I know you will be fine at some point but feel assured that you did the right thing for Lyric, one Wonderful thing about the animals is they never judge us, I am sure Lyric Loved you Dearly as you did him, he is fine and I am sure healthy now and Happy Playing with all the TCS kitty's that were there to greet him, and he will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge, Bless you and I will have you in my Prayers RIP Sweet Lyric and be well

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear you have lost your little one Lyric. I am sure he is looking down from Rainbow Bridge watching you and loving you as he always did. Just like you keep a part of them with you I think they to take a little part of us with them too. I know this is hard on you and it will take some time. Just know that everyone here on TCS is here for you.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LyricsLegacy

Thank you SO much for that poem. Last night was a really rough night for me, I couldn't pull myself together. I just miss his soft touch, his amazing grace. I keep saying I'm being selfish, but I just want him back so :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: much. My heart is hurting for him. I just see him everywhere, laying by the door for the bathroom, waiting for me to come out. Sitting on the table, while I am on my computer. I could go on forever about him. I just appreciate the poem more than you will ever know. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

LyricsLegacy
I'm the person who posted the poem and I'm glad I was able to do at least a little bit to help you cope with your grief. I have lost pets myself and I know how hard it is.

deni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is always hard to lose a pet, Lyrics are words, he spoke to you in his own way. love Macavity and Rowland

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyricslegacy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jamaka

Thanks for letting me know what each of your cats names meant...I'm always intruiged to hear what unique names mean. Sorry I haven't gotten back earlier, I just haven't been online much. I'm having good and bad days, the Vet sent us Lyrics little paw print...and that sent me back into tears. I still see him everywhere, and I know I always will. We're definetly looking for another kitty, but I'm really leary still, as I want to make sure the apartment is completely FIP free. I just can't wait to have another little cat to love. Thanks again for all the support, every time I read everyones responses, it brings me this inner happiness. Thank you all!!!
Jen