Just Job Rambling ... Offered a new one today...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have had some choice words for that guy...
My BF has some choice words waiting ... He wanted to see if I get paid first for the 3 days I was there before laying into him over the phone about what a terrible thing that was to do to someone. I've been unable to make it back down there the last few days to get any money, but he did mention mailing a check as well. I want to bring the BF with me if I go back in case he tries to pretend he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

My other words are that I hope they go out of business soon. They're already on a downward slope. Someone who treats people like that doesn't need to be in business IMO. Even some of the drivers that do work for them have been going elsewhere to pull loads from the ports because they worry about their security there as they're barely getting enough to cover their expenses.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I receive Monster job alerts daily, and this morning there was one for a trucking company needing a dispatcher. The number looked familiar, and while I've accepted I'm not just going to jump in as one somewhere, I looked it up anyway. It's that jerk who let me go .... already re-hiring for it. That girl must have lasted long... :rolleyes: It said "Container company needs dispatcher. Serious inquiries only." That was it, though it had the number as well.

I sent a resume to two other companies this week, one I'm really interested as it'd be a good starting point with a good company (and doesn't have crazy requirements), but again I'm afraid to think positive because of all the let downs so far. The BF tells me to "be me" (I pestered my last job for a year with applications over and over until I got hired) and be persistent with these places - after sending my resume I should call them/show up and inquire the status, etc. The most recent one I sent a resume to also says you can fill an application in person at their location so I may do that this week. I also wrote a pretty professional looking cover letter IMO - the only downside is how many other people are looking for jobs here so he said I'm in a pool of hundreds of applicants and just a number to a company :/

I've just been feeling so hopeless and crappy lately. Some people tell me to just go take a job doing something menial that doesn't benefit me or my future in any way. I'm trying to hold off on that while I still have income and use the time to find something in my field of study. I already have 5½ years of experience in a job/field that now means little ... and I'd just hate to continue that pattern. (but will if I am replaced at my current employer and need an income)

This economy stinks!

Last edited: