Just Isn't Fair

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for the update Tyler. We were all concerned. PLEASE get Jinx to the vet as soon as possible. It is the only way to find out what is wrong with him and possibly save his life.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Thank you for the update Tyler. We were all concerned. PLEASE get Jinx to the vet as soon as possible. It is the only way to find out what is wrong with him and possibly save his life.
Please do it soon.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tyler, Jinx has been in my thoughts so much these past few weeks, as have you. Thanks for the update. Please try to get him under a vet's care ASAP.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tyler, I'm wondering--has Jinx been outside each time he's had an episode? If so, I really think I'd keep him strictly inside so I could keep an eye on him & see if there's anything that could be triggering these spells. Please keep the updates coming.

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree, he needs to see a vet.

In the meantime, call your local spca. They may have a poison emergency hotlinhe.

If that doens't work, call your local poison control center which should be in your phone book. They may be able to help too.

This is the Naitonal Animal Poison Control Center, but they charge to call them. However, they also have a lot of information, so maybe you can find something that will be similar to Jinx's problem in here at one of their links.

http://www.canine-epilepsy.com/Poison.html

Also check out this site on what to do you suspect your pet has been poisoned.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/toxi..._poisoning.htm

Finally, and I know I sound like a broken record, I know I sound like a broken record, but a rescue or animal welfare group might be able to help if your Mom won't give in, maybe even help with getting him to a vet since you're a minor (I assume) and your mom won't.) They really do try to help if they possibly can.

If you want to send me a private message with your state and township, county, city, I will find and send you a list of rescue groups in your area you can call.

I pray for Jinx and hope he's okay.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please get that poor kitty to a vet, soon! They will be able to tell you(hopefully) whats really causing these episodes!! And please know you will be in my thoughts, and please keep us updated!! *hugs*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyler502

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once again I am very sorry I havn't been keeping you guys posted, I don't ever really get on the computer nowadays. Anyway, we took Jinx to the vet and they took several tests and declared that my mom was right, he does have a heart condition. He gave us several tips on helping him through the days he is in pain (which is becoming hardly ever, he's been doing great since I last posted) and that yes, it is fatal, but that since Jinx is so young in life it is possible he can live to be 8 years old, maybe longer... but then again, he may only live to be 2. It really depends on how bad Jinx wants to live and be with us, I suppose. I'm just very happy that every day we have him is like a gift from God, and once again thank all of you all for your concerns, prayers, and good vibes. Thank you so much. You'll be in mine and Jinx's hearts forever.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tyler, I'm sure it's a comfort knowing just what the problem is with Jinx. I'm so very sorry it's not good news. I assume there isn't anything the vet can do for him? Enjoy every second with Jinx & love him like crazy. You'll both be in my prayers. Please let us know from time to time how you & Jinx are doing.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I have two friends with cats with heart problems. One's Siamese was born with a heart defect, and she was told that she probably wouldn't make it a year. The cat gets heart pills every day, is now eight, and doing wonderfully. The other friend's cat, a Maine Coon, started suffering fainting spells five years ago. He's also on heart medication, and is doing really well, at 16. I hope Jinx has lots of happy years ahead of him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyler502

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. Yeah, Jinx was also given heart pills, and believe it or not is doing great. He hasn't had one of his spells in weeks, and we are really proud of him. He's a soldier, if you ask me. He won't give up, and neither will we. Thanks again to all of you, and like I said, you're all in my and Jinx's hearts.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Tyler, I'm so glad you & Jinx are both doing so much better!

Here's hoping you have years & years together.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tyler,
I am sorry to hear about poor Jinx. I just came home frrom work (veterinary technician) and read about Jinx. I agree with everyone else that your need to PLEASE convince your mom to take him to the vet, or humanely let him pass. I know it might be out of your control but leaving him home to die is not fair to Jinx. It may not be poisoning at all, he could have been hit by a car or worse, but leaving him without treatment if cruel. I do not mean to be rude about your mother but that is just not right. If it is a money issue there is a credit card made just for animals called Care Credit, which anyone is elligible for. PLEASE, PLEASE do your best to get Jinx to a vet ASAP. I will keep you in my thoughts and send good vibes Jinx's direction. Take Care!