Just help!

JojoT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So.. first things first..
I found my kitten under a car as a feral kitten at 6weeks old. She is very much loved and cared for now and is 8months old.
She seems too have a very sensitive stomach and I don’t know what to do, I am wondering if this is something I can solve with your help!!
When I brought her home, she would eat wet food but I have realised now that wet food is causing her too have diarrhoea - well sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. It’s like phases? But the last month or so she won’t touch her wet food unless it’s being fed to her by hand, and I’m confused. I’m really hoping someone can help! Thankyou!
I also have noticed that she keeps trying too eat the wallpaper and carpet.. this is the first time I have saved a feral kitten.

:runningcat::help:

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JojoT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also forgot too Note that she has biscuits out during the day, and she eats them fine. Is this something i should stop doing?? Thankyou

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be an ingredient in the food that is disagreeing with her. If she is having trouble eating, she may need a vet visit to check her teeth. No food with fish,a more likely allerginic

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would say if she is trying to eat wallpaper and carpet, she definitely should be seen by a Vet because she may have some vitamin or mineral deficiencies. (case in point - cats who lick bricks are often anemic) And not all food is 100% nutritionally complete. It can be quite confusing!

For the food issues, what exactly are you feeding her when it comes to the wet food? Is it a variety? Does she get the diarrhea only when you give her certain foods? You may need to keep a diary of what you feed her and she has diarrhea. Also, if you are giving her dry food as well, she may like that better and that is why you have to hand feed her the wet food. Some cats are just extremely picky and prefer the dry food over the wet. And it could actually be the dry food that is causing the diarrhea. Most dry food contain wheat, corn, soy, the sort of thing that cats don't really need and can't digest well.

Has she been checked for worms and other parasites. That can also cause diarrhea.

zoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I second the recommendation to bring her to the vet. My friend's cat also had pica (the urge to eat non-food items) and would try to devour anything and everything, and seemed constantly famished. I don't recall the diagnosis, but she was deficient in something and that's what gave her the urge. The food wasn't the problem, it was something internal - she is on nutritional supplements now and while she still likes to eat, she no longer has pica.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when you're testing for allergies remember that all the food made by one manufacturer (and many produce several 'brands') may have one or more of the same ingredients. So if you eliminate brand A, and brand B is made by the same company, you'd need to eliminate brand B as well to run a true test.