Just have to share

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now, keep in my mind that I have been taking in felv cats for almost 10 years now, and have had as many as 15 at one time or another
Anyway, I live on my own and I rarely have people over, even my parents. Well, my dog is in renal failure and since I work all day and have class at night, I am gone from before 7 am til 9ish at night, way to long to leave Vino. My mom is retired so she offered to come over everyday and let Vino out for me
This has been going on since mid-January. In the process of letting Vino out, my mom has gotten to know my kitties, something she never did before. Today, I was home and my parents came over (water heater issues
) and I got to see my mom interact with the cats

She gives Atlas kisses
Atlas of course LOVES it, and then some of the kitties were a little freaked out because my dad was also here, someone they don't know, so they were hiding in my bedroom. My mom went looking for them so they would not miss out on their treats and gave them to them behind my bed
My mom has always been a cat lover, she's where I got it from, but she never got to know my cats. Now I think she understands why I do what I do for my babies.

A couple weeks ago, Atlas got very sick, very quickly and I had my mom take him to the vet, not knowing how much worse he had gotten. Well, long story short, the vet recommended euthanization and my mom freaked out. I ended up having to run to the vet's and we made the decision to treat Atlas and he got better (not real happy with that particular vet) and is healthy as a horse now
I tell you what tho, when I got to the office, I thought my mom was going to punch out that vet
She calls the kitties her grandkitties now
and wants to steal Cronus, or Ca-ronus as she calls him

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really nice when someone important that you love can accept and love the same things/ones that you do.
I'm glad you guys decided not to give up on Atlas.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the recovery of Atlas. Your mom is a keeper just because of that. Also, she is a great one to have around to love the kitties and encourage you. Her love and care for them creates a whole new bond between you and her. That is great. Whatever you have is contagious so watch out Dad. You are next.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww
my mum still puts her feet up on the sofa and squeals like a girl when one of the cats comes near her, its a good thing there is an ocean between us so I don't see her often

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Katie, thank you for sharing. That's so awesome that your mom has taken so well to her grandkitties and has been helping you out like that.

Glad to hear Atlas is doing well, too.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet! I'm jealous... my mom HATES to be called "grandma" to Holland and my siblings' pets.
She believes we are their "owners" not their parents.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This brought a Huge Smile to my face

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really sweet!!

I live across the country from my mom, but she is still Grandma to Genever. I'm her only child and I have no plans for human kids, and luckily my mom is cool with that and happy to get pics of her granddaughter all the time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's great that she's formed that bond with them, Katie! Jamie just loves his "Oma" to pieces ("Opa", too, but it's unrequited, because my f-i-l is afraid of cats).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my dad likes to pretend he doesn't like cats all that much, but we know he does
Before Circe passed away and my dad would come over to fix something around the house, she would be his "helper", she absolutely adored him
My parents have 2 cats, Baby and Sweetie, and Sweetie goes on walks with my dad and the 2 dogs, follows them all around the neighborhood

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a nice story.

My mom was the same way. She would come over and get down on the floor with my guys. She sometimes would have just got her hair done, and they would carefully sniff her head. She would always laugh about that.

I lost mom almost 3 years ago. Now when any of my guys go to the RB, the sting is tempered a bit when I know who will be there to love on them when they get there.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad your mom has gotten to know your furkids and that she came to Atlas' defense. Bless her heart!

I'm glad that Atlas got so much better, too.

afp89898

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You don't know how lucky you are to have a mother who loves Cats. That is a great bond you two can shard. I had to beg my Mom to get a cat until she finally gave in. She said she hated cats, now 2 years later the whole house seems to have been turned into believers thanks to my kitty. Including Mom

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My mom is indifferent to them so of course, they all gather around her. I have to keep them from being pests.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww that's so great Katie! Of course, she can't steal any of the little darlings

When Riley's baby pictures made it into that black kitten 2009 calendar, my mom took hers to work to show everyone her "famous grandson"

fisheater

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it is the cutest thing when my mom calls my kitty her grandson. I was surprised since I had my cats when I was growing up but she was never really a cat person. Well she snapped a bunch of pictures of my kitty on her phone. When she meets up with friends and family she asks if they want to see pictures of her grandson. Then she whips out her phone, and shows off pictures of my cat
. Too funny. I love her.