Just Had To Say Goodbye To My Baby Last Night

Catdragon403

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lost her to FIP just last night. Used this forum for a lot of information to help give us more knowledge about what was happening to my baby.

Needless to say I’m crushed. It was just too soon. I Just wanted to join to thank everyone here and to share what a cute special baby she was. Found her abandoned and on deaths door at 4 weeks old. Nursed her back to health and she stole my heart from there. She was about 6 months old.

View media item 420935
View media item 420936

View media item 420938
View media item 420937

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catdragon403

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just more about her. Found her at .75 pounds at 4 weeks old. So weak she couldn’t get out of some bushes by our front door and was meowing her little head off. Couldn’t eat solid food she was so tiny. 3 rounds of antibiotics, 3 vets later and I couldn’t have asked for a better kitten. Quiet, calm, not an ounce of aggression in her towards a thing and she had the softest fur.

She had quirks I loved about her. Her orange spots had little tabby stripes in them. She loved to sit in the middle of the floor and just quietly watch things between play session. She never hid from anything. She loved her older sister, even at twice her weight she would let her sis lay completely on top of her.

Anytime you pet her she’d be ready to give you unlimited kisses and nothing made her pur faster then the chance to groom you. She always came running for some lap time and to say hi when I got home. She always wanted to be close and would follow me from room to room. I could tell she loved me and I made her feel safe.

She was always sickly and on medications constantly but I never minded. I wanted nothing more than to do everything I could to make her happy, healthy, and feel her best.

The dry FIP was slow. We didn’t know what was wrong and neither did the 2 vets that saw her. It eventually turned neurological. She stopped walking and was unsteady on her feet. She wouldn’t eat or drink. We knew something as really wrong when she was having trouble breathing so we rushed to the ER.

We didn’t know what it was until it was time to say goodbye at the ER. I had guessed but was hoping my worst nightmare wasn’t true. I was ready to take her to the vet today and spend every penny on tests to find out what was wrong with her but things took a turn for the worse before I got a chance.

RIP Baby. I loved you and did everything I could to make you feel the best I possibly could even at the end.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww...... What a sweet kitty. I'm so sorry for your loss. You did so very much for her. I'm sure she was very thankful you saved her life. I can certainly sympathize with what you are going through. Two of my kittens 1 year anniversary is about right now and I know it hurts so bad. Hang in there! My prayers are with you.

Catdragon403

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww...... What a sweet kitty. I'm so sorry for your loss. You did so very much for her. I'm sure she was very thankful you saved her life. I can certainly sympathize with what you are going through. Two of my kittens 1 year anniversary is about right now and I know it hurts so bad. Hang in there! My prayers are with you.
Thank you. I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this at any point. It is very painful and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I think she really was thankful. I just miss her so much. One day at a time.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this at any point. It is very painful and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I think she really was thankful. I just miss her so much. One day at a time.
Yep that's the way to take it and over time it will get better. They will forever live in our hearts and we will look back and be so thankful they came into our lives even if it was only for a short time.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's truly unfair that a sweet angel like your kitty had to go to Heaven, that's not fair at all.
Such a lovely ball of fur, full of love and joy, I'm crying :bawling:
You were wonderful, you did what other wouldn't do, you were special to her and she knew that, she loved you back ten times, and now she will keep looking over you.
RIP sweet angel :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pray you can find comfort in that you gave her 5 more months than she would have had. Months filled to the brim with what she needed the most.....your home and your love. No, it's not fair that she was taken so young, not such a beautiful little one so wanted and so loved. She had to go, she didn't want to go, sometimes no matter how hard we try or how much we love, it is just not meant to be.
My heart breaks for your pain, the emptiness that is in your heart and your home. I hope that in time you will understand that you did all you could, and that she is thankful. Use your precious memories for comfort, and rely on the bond you formed with her to keep her close. It is formed link by link of love, so is spiritual and therefore eternal. Though her time on this earth was so brief, she lived every second to the fullest, she needed someone and you were there. She was meant to share your journey for a little while, to never have known her at all would be unforgivable.
Remember how she embraced life, how happy she was, and know this is how she wishes for you to go on, as anyone would who loves so much and then has to leave that loved one behind. Share that love she left for you, it is a gift to be passed on, to honor the giver, it is never meant to hurt and to bring on a future of sadness.
Please accept my thoughts and prayers, they are with you in this time of loss, and thank you for letting us get to know this little girl's life and to remember her in our hearts. Take care.....RIP precious tiny girl. You will never be forgotten and will forever hold a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. What an amazing story you have and what an amazing person you are to give her such care and love. She returned that love to you 100 times over. It's so very hard to let them go or see them in pain and sick. But she really is not sick anymore and feeling so much better. You will see your sweetheart again. And you will love again too. You have soft spot in your heart that is big, and that might be your job -- rescuing little kitties. How wonderful that you found each other. God bless.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just such a bittersweet story, so so sad that she had this and had to pass at a WAY too young age but such a wonderful love story, the love and bond you two had was beautiful, and even though she was only here a short time that time was much better because of you. Like I said to someone on here yesterday I once was told "it is better to have a good short life than a bad long one" which is true, but right now it doesn't help to think of that, but in time I know when you are ready you will honor her by taking in and taking care of another sweet kitty in need.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sad and sorry, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Catdragon403

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all. I’ve been rereading this thread over and over and it’s really helping to hear it from people who love their kitties as much as I loved mine. All of your kind words are so so appreciated. I’m so sorry for anyone who has had to go through anything similar. I am glad she got the best life she could as short as it was.

One day I do hope to take in another little one who needs my help but I’ll never forget her.

I hope no one minds but I’d love to share a few more pictures to show what a cute sweet thing she really was. She really was special to me. Again thank you so much.

View media item 420948
View media item 420947
View media item 420942
View media item 420949
View media item 420943
View media item 420940
View media item 420939

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I’ve been rereading this thread over and over and it’s really helping to hear it from people who love their kitties as much as I loved mine. All of your kind words are so so appreciated. I’m so sorry for anyone who has had to go through anything similar. I am glad she got the best life she could as short as it was.

One day I do hope to take in another little one who needs my help but I’ll never forget her.

I hope no one minds but I’d love to share a few more pictures to show what a cute sweet thing she really was. She really was special to me. Again thank you so much.

View media item 420948
View media item 420947
View media item 420942
View media item 420949
View media item 420943
View media item 420940
View media item 420939
Ohh... She is so precious! She is probably one of the cutest kitties I have ever seen! Love the pictures.

Catdragon403

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohh... She is so precious! She is probably one of the cutest kitties I have ever seen! Love the pictures.

She was so cute and cuddly I couldn’t help but take so many pictures of her. I’m glad I have them to look back at and share. It makes me happy you found her as cute as I did. Thank you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Baby, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

I know how you miss her. I do. And to lose her so very young after fighting for her so very hard is doubly tragic. I will tell you this...you took a starving baby who would not have lived another day or two and gave her months of love and joy. And this alone will write your name in gold letters in the Book of Things That Matter. Love does not die, it changes form, but it abides. Her sweet spirit remains with you, always.

Catdragon403

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think all cats are cute but she was definitely one of the cutest. You’d have never known she was going to be so calm and cute when we found her though!

I was looking some more at her pics and shh.... don't tell my cats but I think she was WAY cuter than them and I fancied myself to have had some pretty cute cats.
A