Just had to cal 911 on a neighbor

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Went back in and slammed the door loud enough it shook my place, the cat ran and is hiding under my bed.
It's best to keep to yourself, don't make a scene. It only draws attention you don't want! You never know if someone else may think you are the source of the commotion, and may call the police. The last thing you want is the police looking at you as a instigator. Not to mention you don't want your fur babies scared of you for no reason........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

It's best to keep to yourself, don't make a scene. It only draws attention you don't want! You never know if someone else may think you are the source of the commotion, and may call the police. The last thing you want is the police looking at you as a instigator. Not to mention you don't want your fur babies scared of you for no reason........
It is kind of a been there done that deal for me, I have been on both sides of the 911 call, none of them good, domestic abuse, yes I was abused, So many are, I hear the cries and can't help but reacact! I hear the screaming, the potentional violence, It hurts in a way that I cannot describe.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is kind of a been there done that deal for me, I have been on both sides of the 911 call, none of them good, domestic abuse, yes I was abused, So many are, I hear the cries and can't help but reacact! I hear the screaming, the potentional violence, It hurts in a way that I cannot describe.
Please don't miss understand my last comment, I was only saying this as far as you making a scene or loud commotion...... I actually miss understood your recent posts....He went outside screaming which one of you
did this?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Please don't miss understand my last comment, I was only saying this as far as you making a scene or loud commotion...... I actually miss understood your recent posts....He went outside screaming which one of you
did this?
No harm done!
Yes he did, screaming than I ran to the windw to see and injured myself. I have started a new thread, I broke my toe! Just to vent.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never release the names of or any information about the people who call 911- they will not get that information. Even if a person requests a copy of the report, they do not have access to the information about the complainant.

You did the right thing!!!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arghhhh,
! On top of it all, know your injured! I think we both have been through similar situations, so what I say you probably already know, but I am going to say it anyway!
At the very least I would call or visit your local police and tell them what happened tonight, make them aware of his violent threatening behavior toward the neighbors and your fear for the family. Also make it clear you want to be anonymous.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for calling the police. that was the right thing to do

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I could hear them saying "It"s a 911 call" and him asking who when he would not let them in. They didn't tell.
I am still afraid.
EDit, I was not anon, they asked my name, first name only. and I gave it and my phone #
That's standard I believe in case they need more details. For instance, a year back I called 911 on a unit in my complex and they couldn't locate the proper home so they called me back to verify where I had heard the yelling and screaming from.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've called 911 a few times; they always ask if I want to give my name and I tell them I'd prefer not to. They do, of course, have caller id and have actually called me back to get details.
You don't have to give your name---they already have it.

If you have ANY sort of trouble with this guy you need to let the police know about it. He sounds like a complete nut-job.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

How is everything going-despite your toe?
I really am about to loose it with this guy. Ever since he got home yesterday he has been blasting his music at top volume, I have my TV turned way up but there really is no escaping it, the thump thump of the bass is driving me nuts! It did stop overnight, but started up again at about 8am. Been going all day! Grrrrrrr.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
really am about to loose it with this guy. Ever since he got home yesterday he has been blasting his music at top volume, I have my TV turned way up but there really is no escaping it, the thump thump of the bass is driving me nuts! It did stop overnight, but started up again at about 8am. Been going all day! Grrrrrrr.
Hey, do we live in the same neighborhood?

You can, once again, call the police; most towns have a noise ordinance, and this butthead is obviously in violation. Is there a non-emergency number for your police department? We have one and I have called it numerous times----but only after my windows begin to vibrate in their frames. (gotta love that bass setting) The police have gone to the house of the butthead in question and talked to them about receiving a complaint. That usually settles them down for a week or two.

Remember, you do not have to give your name if you don't want to. I wish you the best of luck with this nasty situation. I know what you're going thru and it can be nerve-wracking.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope so!
All is quiet now, the screaming and police have gone. From what I heard he did not go quiet.
Oh NOOOO! He was yelling at his mother! The police just called to verify a description of this man, who I have seen before, she is being transported to a hospital! They said she is OK but can't really give me any detials.
Thank you for phoning the police!

Had you not, there might have been a murder / suicide!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Hey, do we live in the same neighborhood?

You can, once again, call the police; most towns have a noise ordinance, and this butthead is obviously in violation. Is there a non-emergency number for your police department? We have one and I have called it numerous times----but only after my windows begin to vibrate in their frames. (gotta love that bass setting) The police have gone to the house of the butthead in question and talked to them about receiving a complaint. That usually settles them down for a week or two.

Remember, you do not have to give your name if you don't want to. I wish you the best of luck with this nasty situation. I know what you're going thru and it can be nerve-wracking.
Thank you for saying what I was thinking and already said!!!

So you know what you need to do, can you do it?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that you need to keep calling about him when he's out of line. He's obviously a nutter, and the police aren't going to know that he's acting up if nobody lets them know. If there are enough calls about him, the apartment complex may well decide not to renew his lease when the time comes.

We used to have an issue with gangbangers dealing from in front of our building. There's a hydrant there, so no cars were parked there. The cops told us to call them every time they were there...every time. And we did. They never could arrest them, but they shooed them away. Eventually the dealers stopped coming around.